F1 on TV2

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wiiz, Mar 17, 2003.

1. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

I have heard that when AFTA comes around, the car prices will drop drastically. Is that correct or am I just dreaming?

2. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

LOL. i only care about handling when i play my NFS.

when comes to cars, i don't know much about them. so i'm more concerned of looks and availability of spare-parts.

in NFS2SE i choose F50 over McF1 cos of it's acceleration and handling.

of course, in real life handling as long as i can turn properly i'm happy already.

3. goldfries

you're dreaming.

according to what i read they will lower the price of the car and increase the taxes on some other places which balances up the price to more or less back to square one.

4. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Oh well!

Another reason why I won't be coming back to Malaysia anytime soon. Prices of cars are way way too expensive!

My first reason would be the prices/availability of computer components :twisted:

5. drab

drab Newbie

Whats that black blob under the fish?exhaust fumes?

6. goldfries

well at least that was what i read...........i could be wrong.

http://www.tradeport.org/ts/countries/malaysia/mrr/mark0095.html

well you can't get a Civic here for 30k.

well.........just to make sure i don't mislead you or anything, i did some search and came up with the links below.

http://motoring.asiaone.com.sg/comments/comments20021109_001.html

http://www.venkateswaran.20m.com/custom.html

and i think here's the part i missed out in my earlier post

so looks like what i posted is correct.........national cars will be more expensive though, but i believe it will be around the same price if they cut cost or have more efficient product. cutting cost doesn't sound good though.

btw........here's Proton Sutera. coming soon i guess.
    [​IMG]

7. goldfries

here's another interesting article

http://www.theedgedaily.com/article.cfm?id=15987

wah if that's the case i rather be getting a Nissan Sentra or even the Peugeot 206. i find Waja is just nice at the 60k price range, it's quite comfy inside.

btw PY 222. i hope these articles have given you more details on what you asked.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

PY222: Are you talking about the DA6 or the DC2 cause the latest DC5 ROX!

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't like Honda cars! hahaha

10. goldfries

see your avatar we know already.

11. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

I have no idea what you are referring to. Sorry!

12. Chai

DC5 should be the latest Integra Type-R, am I right? :) It looks better than the old one, but I still don't like it.

I have Ferrari as my avatar, because I'm a big Ferrari F1 team fan. So I do love other cars from other manufacturers, and not just Ferrari. :)

13. goldfries

heh i only know of Integra and Integra Type-R. donno those funny names........ i just like what i see is nice. if i'm buying one, i'll look into more details.

don't we all have our dream cars. :)

14. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

i too am beginning to 'not like' honda's.... becoming more of an 'ah beng' car here in malaysia...

i'm just hoping that after afta, more cars would enter the market.... take a look at the new Nissan March... sweet... :p or even the new daihatsu... urm.. cannot remember... damn!

15. goldfries

actually a lot of cars are nice, like proton also considered nice enough, just that it sucks when you see a lot of EVO III wannabes running around town.

16. Chai

Proton nice? Their QA is enough to turn me down! I rather get a Perodua car, at least it's less problematic than Proton.

17. goldfries

ok la. i do agree that their QA is not up to par. but give them a break la, you know the joke about scratching our local car paint and you'll see the milo tin serial number.

however i'm talking about looks of the car, not the car as a whole.

perodua cars a nice for the budget, except for kelisa i guess. too small for a car that price.

18. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

any industry in malaysia is never even near to international standards of quality.... especially those so called 'local' ones... no offence but ... sad but true la

i now working in goodyear... so i hear lots of stories now la.. confidential stuffs so i cannot say anything here... ah but rest assured... Goodyear is US based... so they are still OK

19. goldfries

at least Goodyear didn't become like Silverstone or whatever that tyre company that supplied faulty tyres to Ford.

btw did you read the link that i gave?

20. Chai

Silverstone is a local company. It's Firestone, subsidiary of Bridgestone.