Guangzhou - Day 1

Discussion in 'Peaz' started by peaz, May 21, 2006.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Here's some of the interesting photos I took after touching down at Guangzhou. :)

For the story behind the photos, please visit my blog .

Attached Files:

2. peaz

More more more

Attached Files:

3. peaz

More more more!
    Note: These images have been quick edited (resample, sharpened only) The final images shall only be edited when I get back to Malaysia. :)

Attached Files:

4. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

The dim sum looks yummy while the giant Nin Jiom bottle looks interesting!

5. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

durian...:faint: :faint: :faint:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow! Back so fast?? How was it?? :mrgreen:

7. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

hey Guangzhou! really nice place to be to eat! If you can spare time... go to Guangzhou restaurant (the closest landmark is the Holiday Inn) the other one would be Pan Xi... (difficult to describe this place hope you can find it)

I can't say rain is bad... coz its either that or smog that lingers of the city. But either way wish I was there!

8. Adrian Wong

Lots of stuff to buy and eat at Beijing Lu (Beijing Road) too. :thumb:

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i think he is still there posting from there :haha:

10. peaz

Yup... Still here :D one week mah.

Ok got it! I was there near Holiday Inn too. Will go there again maybe tonight. Dishifu Lu I think. :) BTW, http://forums.rojakpot.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17719&d=1148226130 <-- the tall building is Holiday Inn :D

Had more food yesterday. Crazy. Even ate some snake :O I posted them all in my blog. I have photos but haven't edited them yet. Will do it tonight. Promise. haha

11. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

yup DiShi Fu Lu... just keep walking down the road with Holiday Inn to your right and you'll see it staring down at you at the junction. It's next to the shop selling waxed goods (if they still sell waxed goods in summer) and opposite the McDonalds kiosk.

the remarkable thing about GuangZhou is that you can have 5* meals at 3* prices... really amazing eh? Hope you have a blasting good time.

12. Adrian Wong

Wow.. Still there? Super cool! :thumb:

Are you posting from your hotel room? Looks very nice. :thumb:

How was their metro? I missed the opportunity to try it last time. But I think it's using the plastic coin token, right?

13. peaz

Well, right now I'm back home already but yes I was posting from the hotel room. Just need to pay 500RMB for one week of connection. :thumb:

Anyways, their metro is super cool. In fact I think it's a more advanced system then the one we have in KL!

There are 4 lines, all interconnected in the subway station and with single ticketing system. they use a chip coin which is like touch and go when you enter the station and to exit, you just slot it into the exit panel thing.

Really cool.