guide to photo-printing?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mooze86, Apr 2, 2006.

1. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

havent tried printing any of my photos b4 at shop. any tips?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Er...send to them?

3. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Try Photo Suria in Hartamas.
    :mrgreen:

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

send to them, and if you do not want them to do any touchup/post processing, let them know.

a lot of times my friend and I wanted the noise (we increased it intentionally), but they helped us reduced it :faint: very 8!

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hmmm.. Maybe thats why some of the pics that I already post edited turned out different when I sent them for printing... :\

6. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Coz the photo shop guys think they're too smart and users who send pics to them to print is too dumb to know what they want out of a pic...

It's never happened to me before, maybe because the shop I send my negatives (film) to print are good and they listen to the client's instructions, but it's happened to my lecturer once.. he grumbled that he sent a b&w photo and asked to print 4 copies at different f-stops but all 4 came out the same.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Financially, if you are printing lots of copies, ask them for a special rate. Most shops will give you much better rates if you print a lot.

8. mooze86

mooze86 Newbie

woah! adrian monk is back...so long havent seen ya...been bz solving lots of cases,ya? gdluck,man!! try not to be so "perfect" n "germ-free"...hehe :dance:

btw,back to topic.. is it worth getting my own photo printer(canon) n use photo papers? i`m worried bout ink though,might be out of it fast,rite? :confused:

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

its troublesome :mrgreen: .. unless you plan to print A4 size then maybe you can consider :think:

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, well, it's really a personal choice whether to get your own colour printer or not.

If you don't print often, the ink will dry out over time... But it's not cheap printing using your own printer, unless you are printing large sizes like A4, like zy mentioned.