Having a Bad Day? Vent your anger here!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by strawroot, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Adrian, did you have anything to do with the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 by any chance? :shock: :shifty:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Not that I recall. But I didn't win any lottery either... :wall: :wall:

Better not fly on any plane, just in case though... :shifty: :shifty: :mrgreen:

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Heh, spare a thought for me then. I fly back to Singapore later this month and I have to buy a bottle of 42 Below vodka for my friend.........when I get there... :haha:
    (and my flight was originally booked for the 23rd :shock: )

Oh well. Anyway, s*** happens...it will blow over ;)

4. Adrian Wong

Don't worry. I won't be on the flight! :haha: :haha:

Well, it better blow over soon, or I will laugh myself to Hell! :haha: :haha:

5. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Watching too much lost? :p

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Wow.. that sucks man :faint: Even your Dell 2007FP? :shock:

I thought I was the only one :lol: but nevermind... got both exchanged and now both are S-IPS panel :haha:

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

huh ? max, your dell panel both got problem ? :think:

8. Adrian Wong

Yeah, even the Dell 2007FP.. :wall: :wall:

The thin red line actually disappeared for a while last night. But after I turned off the power... and back on again, it's back!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah I got the first season off my friend and watched all of it last week :p

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

lol.

Zombie TV series... :p One of the reasons why I don't watch tv series. You can't stop! Its a conspiracy (well lets not go there again lol)! :o

1 person likes this.
  11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Get it exchanged :haha:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

kihkikikikihhh~~.... (echo) you can't stop.... (echo)

Attached Files:

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO! :haha: :haha:

14. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

That show is addictive man :p

15. hardhead89

hardhead89 Newbie

http://www.angervent.com

hey guys.
    I just wanted to let you know that there is a brand new site out for venting your anger. it was just started up and could use your support. check it out at : www.angervent.com
    registration is free and only takes a min.
    Just check it out
    http://www.angervent.com

thanks

16. decypher

decypher Newbie

I love my job, but lately it's been wearing me out.

The boss is giving me too much work! It's alright to be given tasks to complete, but that amount of work is simply inhuman! It's a job done periodically and has to be repeated day after day. I can't tell to the forum what it is, I just needed to vent a little. It is never ending!

I work like a cow ALL DAY. I can't even have a few hours at night for myself for recreation. Till date I have missed 4 birthday parties and 2 dental appointments. Fine, the birthday parties are unimportant but certainly my health does matter somehow. Worst yet, my company refuses to give medical compensations to employees. We all know we got the stress from work.

All that for a barely 1.8k salary! And I can't even use the company car when I go meet clients. Rumour has it that boss used to car every single time he goes out. And he goes out often.

Once I had to meet 3 clients a day and I spotted him drinking coffee at Starbucks. Imagine the fury.

Days ago while I was working my butt off, sweating like a pig on my desk, boss came over with a hill of files. I practically sit in front of the computer all day (AND NIGHT) doing all sorts of nonsense for him and now he's giving me MORE work?!

Forum. Tell me. Should I quit and find another? Should I complain to the boss? I need help. Real quick.

17. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. What kind of work are you doing now?

Well, if you are unhappy, you might as well quit and find a better job. Or better still, get a better job and then quit. :D

18. decypher

decypher Newbie

My tasks are pretty simple, actually. I get to meet people and I get to get my hands on stuff, which is why I love my job in the first place. But I don't really like paperwork. Writing reports and making analysis are just not my area.

I guess I'll keep a lookout for greener pastures. :(

But I love my job. I hope I don't get too emotionally attached. Someone pass me a hanky?

19. Adrian Wong

Well, you can always continue to do what you love doing.. elsewhere. :mrgreen:

20. decypher

decypher Newbie

Change jobs? I mean "Jump Ship"?

It's not like you can say "change!" and then just change. Maybe it's possible in the past, when there weren't so many IT professionals around waiting in line to snatch your bowl of rice. Now everyone's like a predator, grabbing any job they can find.

The worst time (to be unemployed) is at the midyear or end-of-the-year point, when undergraduates graduate and seek jobs. Employers love to hire talent on a low salary, so people like us have to improve ourselves (and show that we are actually better than most fresh grads) to climb the corporate ladder (and to avoid being replaced, that is) or grit our teeth through our daily routines.

The Boss is still The Boss. No doubt about it. You can stab your boss in the back 1000 times but in the end you would still have to slog away at your desk anxiously awaiting the clock to point 5pm (6pm for some people).

Sigh.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007