Help oc Athlon 64 +3000...newb

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by eg660, Dec 24, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

You should have the product key right? :think:

2. eg660

eg660 Newbie

yup I have a product key... I think I was not born to overclock....this really suck...why does Oc'ing Mess up the software.....

3. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

in ur pm. i said that high pci freqs makes ur hd go weird.

4. eg660

eg660 Newbie

i have this error when loading windows its much worst than before:

A problem has been detected windows has been shut down to prevent damage

check for viruses. Remove newly installed HD or HD's controllers check HD to make sure it is properly configured and terminate. run chkdsk /F ( I did this already this screen still pops up)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

*** Stop: 00x0000007B ( 0xf7C46640, 0xC0000031, 0x00000000, 0x000000000 )

5. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

well ur windows is definately corruped. you really need to get ur hands on a copy of windows. maybe ask a friend for cd and use ur reg key?

6. eg660

eg660 Newbie

I found this in another website...same problem as mine he is installing a fresh XP maybe thi sis my problem..but i do not knoe what a Winxp boot disk is...
    http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32975
    ( okay this is the updated add...) pls help...I dont think that my Winxp is the Problem....

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  7. eg660

eg660 Newbie

updated my post...pls help I do not kno what to do now.... :wall: I am drinking vodka just to ease my frustrations... :wall:

8. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

winxp boot disc is basically ur windows xp installation cd.

9. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Okay I am back....after wasting money buying a new win xp :wall: ...so I say goodbye to my dream of buying a new board :wall: ...I need to save more money....anyway....I read at the MSi forum that My MB cannot go past 220FSB they say that it will really corrupt my HD...so there goes my other dream of Ocing higher...so until I buy a new mobo 220 is the highest...at least I could say that I now know how to OC...thanks to you guys....another thing now I know what to do if something goes wrong too... :D

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Wow.. A bit of mixed feelings there... :? Sorry to hear that...
    Well, I'm glad you looked at the bright side to it... :thumb:
    All the best! :beer:

11. eg660

eg660 Newbie

hehehe...at least now I have a new clean Windows...maybe in a month or two I can buy a new mobo(And ask so many questions again on how to install :D )...If I knew about ocing I should had bought a different mobo..well at least I know now...

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

All the best in your new venture. Learn a lot from this thread too. Thanks. :wave: :beer:

Now, start saving money. Looking to hear from you with a new mobo soon. :wave: :wave: :wave: :lol:

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

We'll be here to help.. ;) Dont you worry on that... :thumb: :arp:

14. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Okay thanks again.... :wave: