Hole Saw Reccomendations

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by hrobinson57, Apr 26, 2006.

1. hrobinson57

hrobinson57 Newbie

I mod cases a bit, and need general input/advice. I've tried Milwaukee bi metal hole saws in the 80/90/120mm range, but they burn out real quick. I can only get 4 maybe 5 holes out of them. I'm just using my trustee 3/8 portable drill. Adding a few drops of light general purpose oil doesn't seem to help. I am mostly chopping away at old steel ATX cases that weren't designed for the heat of modern systems. I found another brand "Morse" has anyone any feed back on them? Any help or tips would be appreciated.Thanks

Hal

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

hmm I havent tried any hole saws. I just use a dremel for that kinda work... Where do you get em from? I havent really seen any at home depot... :think:

3. hrobinson57

hrobinson57 Newbie

Where to buy

I get them online. I guess the sizes modders would want are not popular with plumbers/electricians who use them a lot. I just google hole saws, and get at the cheapest. Amazon tools had the 80/90/92mm cheap last time I looked. They are a great way to get exact holes quickly, but you have to clamp case down because they can buck.

Hal

4. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

I use jigsaw to make the holes ..... well ofcourse the holes are not as perfect as from hole saw.