how to increase screen resolution?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SkylineRemix, Nov 2, 2007.

1. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

I have a Samsung 19' Monitor and it has a max resolution of 1280x1024. I want to know if there's any possible ways available for me to go bigger than 1280x1024. I'm talking like erm.. 1600x1200 maybe. I want that because i usually use paint to edit photo...(simple cut and paste lah). but i keep finding problem when i want to increase the picture resolution. Need to take it step-by-step to increase it because my screen resolution is small... Someone please help... thanks

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

No way for you to go higher than 1280x1024, unless you enable panning LOL. i.e. You get a virtual 1600x1200 workspace, but you still see 1280x1024 pixels and you can scroll around to see the rest of the pixels. It's like playing StarCraft/WarCraft :mrgreen:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  3. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Yes... i want that kind of thing... i don't know what's that call but is something like dota....

btw... i like your display pic... hahaha

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I'm not sure if there's such option on your NVIDIA graphics card. On my X1800XL, I can do that by selecting "Only allow panning on limited-resolution displays" in CCC.

LOL :mrgreen:

5. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

19" LCD and you're stuck. :)

19" CRT and you can go to 1600x1200 or more.

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Best solution is to get a new higher resolution LCD panel :D hahaha :)

7. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

... my wallet is crying liao lah....

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Don't worry. Wait for the NEXT PC Fair. Dell always have great deals on their LCD monitors during PC Fair.

No need to go all the way there though. You can get the same offer via their website. :thumb:

OT : BTW, good luck in your SPM exams!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: