I will murder creative, i think...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Majormaggot, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

Creative X-FI or SB audigy or what ever.... SUCKS. well the Software side of it does. Every time i have to reinstall driver do to a reinstall or just upgrading, I start to turn green from anger and my muscles bulge out of my shirt and i start screaming. out of all the hardware i've been thru, creative's installation suite for their sound cards is the most annoying before during and after the install.

For instance, the x-fi driver cd, pop it in, wait half an hour to load up their fancy sound blaster logo/introduction video (oh wait i can't hear the "amazing sound" because i don't have drivers installed yet!). Then ur face to face with a retarded GUI they came up with to install their drivers, which btw makes u wait 5 min between clicking the next button and bring up the next screen.

Oh and lets not forget about after the installation of the driver and u reboot and load into windows, before u can do anything your hit with a fullscreen X-fi logo/presentation/annoying/murder inducing video that u have to watch (since pressing ESC or clicking ur mouse, or whipping ur mouse at ur new 27" lcd monitor and cracking the speaker mesh does nothing at all). After the video is done ur hit with a registration screen(which is already registard) (i registered most of my products, which is helpful in getting RMA's), and after closing it, brings up another registration screen , and another, and finally put a register my product icon on ur desktop.

I swear from this day, i will never buy a creative product again... Yes the sound card is pretty good, yes it sounds good in games, yes they have the gaming and computer sound card industry by neck. But forcing me to go thru all that BS just so i can install drivers is too much.

[/endofrant]

-Maggot

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL!

I know how you feel. But at the same time, I think that they have gotten just a tad bit better. I really do hate their interface though on the XFi.

But to their credit, they had x64 Vista drivers real fast (just took forever and a day on the software side).

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. It was worse in the past when they insisted you had to first install the driver from the CD before you can upgrade to the latest driver. I thought that was pure idiocy. :hand:

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

actually you don't really need most of the bloatware. just the driver will do.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Sometimes, happen to me with LAN driver, if you just install the driver by pointing to the driver folder from your device manager, some additional function may not be installed. Like what happened to me when I installed driver for LAN for one particular board. If I just install the inf, I just get the common tabs when I access the LAN properties in Device Manager. But if I use the setup.exe, after the installation, there are additional 4-5 tabs that allows me to set many more customization for the LAN card. :D

Just my 2cents.

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

what customizations do u need to do with LAN card until it needs 4-5 more tabs? :O

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Wake up from S3, S4 and S5 maybe. I forgot. Many of us may not use these functions, but in a corporate environment, for MIS administration, this is important. :D