Intel’s Conroe Acquired via Ebay Auction

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by brajko2, Apr 4, 2006.

1. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

SPI 21 sec in stockie

dats fast!

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

that's is VERY VERY fast

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

That's EXTREMELY fast le... :think:

6. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

OMG!!!:shock: :shock:
    AMD pawned dead to the ground!!!:shock: :shock:
    Is it available now at lowyat??

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Slated for release in the 3rd quarter of this year. Patience :mrgreen:

Imagine dual D2OL on a Conroe @ 3GHz :wicked:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! Quoted from that forum... you can't judge something when it's not even there yet. We will see when M2 comes out and when Conroe is officially released. :)

9. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

10. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I don't know why everyone is saying that Conroe owns AMD, Well its is newer architecture than what AMD has out and the AM2 is basically a S939 using a DDR2 memory controller. Just wait till AMD get their 65nm chips going. Until the Conroe is actually out don't believe anything.

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

haha OMG u really believe Sharikou!!!?????

I've been following his journals for sometime (forwarded from rahul's blog) and i can definitely tell you that this dude is a joker. probably the biggest wannabe i've ever come to know. HAHA

I told Chai about him 2 weeks ago..

he has no idea what the heck he is mumbling bout..
    check this out..

HAHAHAH
    AHHAHAHAHAH
    that's how he checks the BIOS version. man, he pwns everyone, including every BIOS engineers in taiwan.

and i remember he predicted that AMD would grab 50% of the marketshare by the end of this year (or next year, cant remember correctly). and also, he believes that AMD's yield is always 100% while Intel wouldn't never hit near 90%.

so this is how he describe himself: Analysis on IT trends and competitive strategies, with emphasis on micro processors, computer systems and networks. Based on latest news, backed up with real data, this site intends to provide a true and realtime picture of the fast changing IT landscape. This journal strives to be accurate on facts and sharp on criticisms. You may email your opinion to [email protected] or post comments here, be cool and intelligent.

one word, W-A-N-N-A-B-E
    he is probably only 15 years old.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

like that also can .. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: wtf man ?

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

All I can say is Sharikou is the lamest, ignorant, wannabe noob I've ever read...

14. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

I dont think ppl in this forum care who owns who. We only care for better product with affordable price.

15. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I am not talking about this forum but in general all around on other forums and what not.

16. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Well for me, initially I was just excited to see that Intel was finally going to have a lineup of worthwhile desktop chips again, and at that time AM2 was not shaping up to be very promising. But I think I'll reserve judgement until the full story on AM2 is revealed. ;)

17. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

i dunno wad's that BIOS issue all about..
    everybody make mistakes..

but i do believe the article to a certain extend...
    the 4mb cache advantage in benchmarking make sense to me..

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's not just that mistake. He made a lot of ignorant comments about Conroe. 4Mb cache advantage...if it's really that good, shouldn't AMD be doing the same instead of trying to beat Conroe with just 1MB now???

There are some things that are true, but there are also a lot of things which is not true or accurate. He's just an AMD fanboy. And before you call me an Intel fanboy, I've been using AMD since Athlon 1.4Ghz! 1600+, 1700+, 1800+, and 2 A64 3200+! :mrgreen:

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

werd....

Its one thing to make mistakes and another to actually go around with allegations and publishing them... Traits of a nub extraordinaire... :mrgreen:

*me starts squirming at the thoughts of running benchies on a Conroe*
    :shifty:

20. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

lol...

hmm, maybe becoz if amd put 4mb cache, there wouldnt be any space for their memory controller?

not sure if the rumour is true abt AMD K10's "reverse hyperthreading", that might be the secret weapon of AMD..