Internet Connection blocked somehow... wtf!... Help!!!

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Plasma_Man, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Plasma_Man

Plasma_Man Newbie

I have a 10mbps connection, both ways, witch would translate into some 1.2MByte/s. If I set my progz dl/u limit to 30kB I shouldn't even notice it. I did test my bandwith and it was almost 10Mbps so no problem there.
    Thats why I don't get it :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Let me get this straight. Right now, your problem lies with your browsing speed or your P2P downloading speed? :think:

3. Plasma_Man

Plasma_Man Newbie

Thats what I'm trying to explain, it doesn't matter how many connections or what the dl/u limit is on my P2P software, once they're up and running i can't surf, i can't check my mail or whatever that requiers an internet connection, but the filesharing is non-affected :think:

And tnx again for trying to help :clap:

4. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Not sure if it's related, but Windows XP has a limit on the number of simultaneous connections. Check this page out - http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

5. Plasma_Man

Plasma_Man Newbie

I already have that patch, change from 10 to 50 connections or whatever, it didn't help.

I seem to be the only one affected, nobody I know has this problem :wall:

6. enishi.jin

enishi.jin Newbie

Cannot surf net when Comet/Azureus is running....

Hi,

May be less cpmlicated than that of Plasma_man's but in a way, of similar/same root.

Im running my machine in WinXP, has a ADSL connection (ADSL modem - only). I cant seen to surf when Comet is running (even all downloads are stopped/paused.) I get the message "[site] cannot be found. Please try again later."

I have reduced upload and download limits to 50% and number of connections and sessions but still, it doesn't work.

Any light to shed.. Please help....

7. Adrian Wong

Are you using a router?? :think:

8. Adrian Wong

I actually had this problem with ShareAza 2.2 but now that I switched back to ShareAza 2.1, I no longer have that problem. As far as I can tell, it's a connection limit issue. :think:

Why don't you try a different version of the P2P software you are using? Also, check up on their settings. For example, ShareAza allows you to space the download requests so that you won't overload the router. :think:

9. enishi.jin

enishi.jin Newbie

Nope. I am not using a router (ADSL modem only). Do you have any suggestions other than changing my BitTorrent client?

10. Adrian Wong

Have you tried increasing the connection limit in Windows XP?? :think:

11. Plasma_Man

Plasma_Man Newbie

It works now, I haven't done a thing, what a mess, now I'll just wait 'til it stops working again :nuts:
    I've been able to increase the download speed up to 1mbps and it still works

12. Adrian Wong

LOL!! There's a ghost in your system. :mrgreen:

13. walao

walao Newbie

help... plasmaman... im facing the same problem...