internet printing

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by raxlee, Dec 23, 2006.

1. raxlee

raxlee Newbie

hi all,

I have installed a printer in a small network. it is attached to a server nd have installed printing software on it. my problem is one or two of my computers print directly to the printer. printing jobs from those particular PCs could not be queued to the print queue on server (on which my printer is attached).

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Is the printer connected to a PC or directly to the network?

3. raxlee

raxlee Newbie

Dr. wong ,thanks for the reply.

My printer is attached to the server (a PC) NOT directly to the network.
    pls help me for the matter coz I got stuck in.... Pls

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 25, 2006
  4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure your printer settings are right?

Attached Files:

5. Adrian Wong

Go to Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes. Right-click on your printer and select Properties.

Select the Sharing tab. Check and see if you have it set to accept remote accesses. By default, Windows XP disables remote access.

6. raxlee

raxlee Newbie

yes my priter settings are correct. I am having problem with particular computer, rest of the computer works properly. I tried every settings on that computer but still couldnt figured out.

7. Adrian Wong

Well, it's unlikely to be a hardware problem if your computer has no problem accessing the other computers on the network (does it?).

So, it's very likely to be a configuration issue on this particular computer. Any possibility of getting some screenshots of your settings?