K750i user

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by athlonxp, Jan 21, 2006.

1. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

hi, i need ur feedback on that phone as i m thinking of getting one :thumb:

any problem with the phone like the famous 'white line' problem on K700i?

the current firmware have any problem?

and about the camera, izzit same with a W800i?

2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

at first glance, the two don't look to have much of a difference. however, upon closer inspection, the w800i is first and foremost a walkman phone with "flight mode" capabilities that K750 does not.

also, i read somewhere that the headphones that comes with the w800i is "better" than the K750 model. both phone is fitted with a 2mp camera so i expect them to be the same.

price wise, w800i would be more expensive. on another note, i also heard that the firmware for a K750 model can be upgraded to a w800's... maybe Chai can test that out? since he has a K750 and absolutely stands by it. :p

1 person likes this.
  3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I really don't see the purpose of 'flight mode'. Might as well buy a dedicated MP3. Seriously, there's not much difference between K750i and W800i. I've bought W800i earphones, so my phone is now technically the same as W800i! :haha:

Flashing firmware will void warranty. I won't test it out, and I don't find the need to do it.

1 person likes this.
  4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

flight mode is good if you seriously travel around alot .. but .. stil useless unless you are super rich & uses roaming all the time too .. haha

5. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

i've tested my fren's w800i with original headset, there is nothing special with the sound quality IMO compare to the real walkman cd player, the bass is not that powerful and the ear plug sucks..u pluck it INTO ur ear..i dont like :mrgreen:

i like k750i's design more than w800i becos the camera cover look much nicer and it is black in colour :thumb:

can the k750i's camera button be pressed halfway? i mean focus like in w800i

and also can k750i plug in normal headset? :shifty:

akho, yup, it can be done. a few guys in mobifanz.com already flashed the firm to w800i :nuts:

6. Chai

K750i is 100% the same as W800i hardware wise.

Bass not that powerful? You are not putting into your ears properly... :whistle:

The original w800i headset is definitely better than k750i. Of course it's nothing special compare to discman, but you can change the earphone if you don't like it. I've already broke the k750i headset. That shows the appalling quality of the headset...

7. Chai

Nope, you can't. That's why I bought the W800i headset for RM158! :nuts: I bought a 1GB MS Pro Duo too, so technically, my phone is better than W800i. :haha:

8. Plasma_Man

Plasma_Man Newbie

K750i is really something, resonable price for a full package, if I wasn't happy with my ol' T610 I would have gone for it myself.

9. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

take note also that the k750i's camera cover is very practical to have. a w800i's camera part (lens) will get dirty very very easily especially if you put it in your pocket a lot. and with it's amazing auto-focus 2mp cam, you definitely can notice dust in your pics if the lens is dirty.

flashing the firmware of a k750i to w800i firmware may cause some problems (like sudden firmware hung-ups). maybe it's due to hardware-tagging within the firmware itself or something. so better just leave the phone as it is.

BTW, athlonxp. What problem do you mean with 'white line' on the k700i? i don't think i have ever experienced that with my k700i unit. :mrgreen:

10. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Sound like K750i so interesting... em.. i am still suffer with my T630 with just 2MB memory Arrrhhh !!!! :wall: :wall:

BTW, how much is this phone selling in the market? Anyone can get good price on this?:p

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

it's about Rm1.4K now? I think?

hmm still i can't see myself spending more than RM500 for a phone. LOL. too many redundant features, MP3 player, camera.. etc.. Hmmm yes yes argue all you want that you don't have to carry so many things around with you. Still.. I can't see myself spending more than RM500 on a phone anymore. :p better save up for another lens. hahahaha :haha: *runs away from the K750i club*

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hey, I carry a PSP and a PDA phone to school mkay....:nuts:

13. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Haha main reason is want to get another lens, btw is true also for me i do not think i will spend more than 1k for a phone. For those people like to listen to music all the time, ya this phone might be suitable for them.

Like Chai got a 1GB memory stick duo :shock: so music lover is a good choice. As camera may be just for fun, not for picture that you can keep in your own gallery...:p

I am still waiting for 3G to be stable down and the 3G phone drop price :p

14. Chai

I bought this phone because of the music playback, I even bought the W800 ear phones after breaking the original one due to heavy wear and tear. I wear it at least 6 hours a day when I was still at Citibank, listening to MP3s and radio during work and at LRT.

I didn't want the camera at first, but I noticed that this phone is more than just a phone. I started taking pictures with it because it's so much more convinient than using D70, yes I mean taking simple pictures like those at the bragging threads! :haha: I don't have any other cheaper cameras around.

It also become and very expensive touch light because the LED is really bright and very useful too! :haha:

All my previous phones are below RM600. This is an exception because this phone is more than just a phone. :mrgreen:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, you can get an AP set for less than RM1200 now. :dance: From an ex-colleague who changes hp like changing err.. :think: hmm... can't find any comparison, okok, he changes hp every 3 months and he said buy AP set much better coz ori phones take 3 months to repair (from his experience). :mrgreen:

Don't tell me I'm kiamsiap or cheap. :p

I'm thinking of getting a K750i too. :think: <--- thinking :mrgreen:

16. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yeah same here thinking of getting K750i, but over budget for the current market price :p Let me know if you can get good deal when buying 2 phone 2gather heheee:D

17. Chai

I had good experience with the support, and you definitely want good support for this problematic phone. It crashed my memory stick, random crashes, flaky software firmware flashing, and now I have problems with buttons already.

Still wanna buy? :wicked:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You just unlucky only is it? I don't see my colleague complain at all. :think:

19. MoNnY

MoNnY Newbie

how old is your phone ?
    so far mine is 3 weeks old and no problems.
    all is well still

20. Chai

My phone is almost 10 months old. Quite a problematic phone actually. I need to send for servicing and firmware upgrade before the warranty expires...