Laptop Recomendation

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Mc A, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Precisely why I'm stating my preference as an alternate possibility, like I said before 'you cannot go wrong with either'. Just giving more point to consider, not limiting one. I never said macs is wrong nor have i ever implied you should go all out on specs, if I ever implied that then my apologies. I agree one should balance based on budget just that I prefer to put performance over style and portability, and that the OP prefers mobility then he/she should balances it. The op state he/she doing design 2D and 3D. Meaning video comes into play, I had experience in doing video editing, graphic design, multimedia so I'm giving my opinion and my preference based on my experience.

The example where I hate glossy screen is something I notice after I bought a notebook for my sis, she complains she keep seeing herself on the screen and the reflection from bright light are disturbing, I had friends with glossy screen notebooks complain about the samething, so I suggest the OP the take note that's all.

I see this discussion has gone out of hand I vote to closed thread.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Since you said Falcone totally misses your point, then we must be talking about different things. lololol

back to topic

So Mc A, did you get the sony?

1 person likes this.
  3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

nah there is no need, it's just that some people likes posts things that lead the discussion off topic because he/she keep on 'correcting' unnecessary 'mistakes' which is not exactly related to the topic :mrgreen: I vote to ignore these people, wheee :beer:

*any more off topic posts will not be tolerated*

4. fyire

fyire Newbie

well, so what's the diff between the 2 statements anyways? :p

"Exactly, it depends on which is your top priority: mobility? performance? or style?"

and

"be more rooted in reality, and customized based upon needs and budget"

I'm asking out of concern actually, 'cause I'm wondering if u know what you're referring to or not ler...

Back to Topic:

So Mc A, did u manage to test run all the stuff as was advised as yet?

5. fyire

fyire Newbie

aww.. did I hurt your feelings? :p

Back to topic: hehe yupyup, I vote to ignore those who equally contribute in leading the discussion out of topic too :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

*aww.. didn't realize that it was YOU :haha: *

You didn't read my post? :lol:

No more off topic post please. Last warning.

7. Falcone

aww... personal attacks are not allowed :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

1 person likes this.
  8. fyire

fyire Newbie

On topic mah... After all, I was asking the fellow if he's managed to test yet or not.

Anyways, Mc A: In regards to testing the video editing stuff on the Mac, take note of the following. From what I was told, you can test out the basic video stuff at any of the Macasia branches, that should give you a rough feel of the expected performance. Should you like to take a look at the more advanced stuff and is serious into looking at it more, you will need to make an appointment with their training center at Bangsar to have a test run on it.

Alternatively, you can attend one of the Mac Fest gatherings where the pro skills trainer is a regular attendee as well, and ambush him with some questions, and get him to show u some stuff on his notebook :)

9. fyire

fyire Newbie

got meh? I was merely replying in the same manner that I was replied to mah... :rolleyes:

back to topic: On the gloss screen, do take note that there's rather differing opinions in regards to it. For the life of me, I just couldnt figure out why there's those ppl who swear by the gloss types for whatever they do on the machine.

So anyways:
    - Gloss or no gloss, it is very much still a matter of personal perference
    - There's got to be those here who uses gloss screens, and like them. It'll be good if those gloss screen supporters can give their views on why their like them, and why they think its better for their use.

10. Falcone

Hmmnn. the OP has not replied. Wonder has he gotten the notebook. Maybe we scared him away hehehehehe

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I don't like gloss screen because I hate the light reflection from it, you get the idea :mrgreen:

Advantages of gloss screen? I don't know and can't find any :p

12. Falcone

Actually according the the salesman it has sharper images, but personally I think it just looks cool and stylish.

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I think we did :haha: That's why I will not tolerate any of those unnecessary posts anymore, they always lead the discussion off topic. Everyone here better behave :twisted:

I think he/she most probably have gotten the sony notebook, seems like he prefers the sony over mac :think:

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Hm... sharper images? I don't think so, but don't know about others :mrgreen:

Bling bling factor? definitely yes :thumb:

15. fyire

fyire Newbie

Yah... me takes a peek back at the list of ppl involved, and waves a finger at them. *naughty* *naughty*

Sharper images, I guess there will be ppl who will argue both ways on this one lar. Sometimes, for the strangest but valid personal reasons that most of us wont think of too.

Bling bling factor? Again, it depends on the individual. To me, it looks rather Ah Bengish.

16. Mc A

Mc A Newbie

First of all, I would like to appologise to u guy cos I felt that this topic cause some misunderstanding in between u guys.

em...im not scare away, is just that I having difficulties logging in to the forum. Cos when I enter the forum, the page turn in to blank, leaving the Index logo on the top left and the Banner on the top. So i have to refresh many times to view the page.

in this case, Im abit greedy. Three of it was my priority. :p
    I admit Im a person who like to have diff things than others, Love things which portable and I do need high or good performance do work wit my assignments.
    So in this point, I cant give the answer.. >.<

Thanks for your thoughs Fyire. But i still preffers Windows OS. Cos I really used to it and it's kinda hard to change the scenario since u have face it for so many years. Anyway, Thanks again Fyire :)

Im kinda busy these few days and dont really have time to go out and test it yet. So the discussion still on. :D

It would be ok to be glossy or glosless. But if im not mistaken, most of the Sony-s are glossy rite ?

As I mentioned on the previos post, I think I'll be going according to the RAM and Processor.
    I think it should be fine rite ?

Anyway, really thanks you guys again and I feel guilty for causing some misunderstood. My appology...

17. fyire

fyire Newbie

hehe, well, all in the name of fun, that's all :)

Well, thing is, the option to dual boot is also available, so u're not stuck to just Mac OS X if you're to get a Macbook Pro. Furthermore, the Macbook Pro is a pretty mean machine too, irregardless of what OS it runs. There might be some advantages here too, as you will have the chance to gain exposure to different systems.

Trust, me, I know the advantages of being diversified, as I use a mix of everything on a daily basis, depending on what I need to do. Windows, OS X, Linux, *BSD, Solaris, HPUX, etc.

No idea about the Sonys, but gloss or non gloss, I think this' something that you might need to borrow your friends' notebooks to test out on. Its something that you will need to use for a while in order to tell what your personal preference would be.

18. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It's not your fault :mrgreen: Blame the one who started all this when he/she started "correcting" other peoples "mistakes" and leading others going off topic. These kind of people always ruins the discussions. You have nothing to apologize for, we should be the ones who should apologize for ruining your thread instead. I apologize for that.

Wah, three also important :haha: but you still need to decide which one is more important for you :mrgreen: because you can't possibly find yourself an absolute 'perfect' choice.

19. fyire

fyire Newbie

Yah loh! There's plenty of ppl out there who joins in to pick on things, then think that they're totally innocent too. Shame on such ppl! Oh well, Sorry to the thread starter should he thinks that he's at fault.

Hmm... here's a new thought. If mobility is indeed very much an important factor, you *might* be able to get away with a smaller screen.

If you've got a bigger monitor at home (assuming you do most of your work at home, and only use your notebook to bring your work to and from your campus), you can always plug your machine into the bigger screen and work from there. That way you get better mobility, and wont end up doing the head banging ritual normally performed by those who realized that the screen is too small for their needs.

If you're to go for this option, check on the availability of DVI ports on the notebook.

If this works, then that's 1 out of the 3 issues partly out of the way, then you should be able to concentrate better on the other 2.

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

just a note ..

Sony SZ's CPU can be upgraded easily IF you can find a faster processor easily :shifty: and the RAM limit is 2gb :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.