Life & Death

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Life and death are really quite unpredictable.

We went to Ipoh to visit my grandfather last Sunday. My parents were also there. Together, we cleaned up his house and gave him a bath. Despite her boasts, the lady we hired to take care of him was obviously not doing her job at all. He was starved and filthy. :mad: :mad:

He seemed okay when we left. He was even hungry enough to wolf down a whole bowl of porridge. Unfortunately, he died Thursday morning, just hours before my aunt who was coming all the way from England to visit him arrived at the airport.

In a way, it is a blessing, as he really had a poor quality of life. It was also fortituous that we were all able to visit him just days before he died. And while my aunt was not able to see him before he died, my uncle from Canada managed to visit him just weeks earlier. So, all in all, it all turned out pretty okay.

So, later this morning, we will be heading to Ipoh to attend his wake. The funeral's set for tomorrow (Monday) morning, so I won't be around until then.

I would like to take this opportunity to repeat some words of wisdom from my mother - "It doesn't matter what happens after someone dies. Only what you do when the person was still alive that really matters."

2. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

May he rest in pace!

3. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

you have my condolences :cry:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

RIP. My condolences to you and your family Adrian.

And true that, you don't realize what you have till its gone.

:(

5. Adrian Wong

Thanks, guys! Yes, it's true. We should appreciate our family and friends while we are all still here. :beer:

6. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

YOu guys are in our thoghts and prayers... It is always a test for the younger ones as well. It has only been a few years since I went through a similar turn of events.

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm so sorry to hear that. Condolences.

Well, yeah, we must appreciate our family members and loved ones very much!

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Sorry to hear that Adrian... my condolences to you and your family.

9. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

My condolences...

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

may he RIP..My condolences to you and your family..sorry to hear bout that news. the quote that you mom mention does really make sense...btw did the lady got fired? she should be for not taking care of him properly..

11. Adrian Wong

Hi guys! :wave: :wave:

Just got back from the funeral yesterday. It was a pretty nice affair, because most of our relatives managed to fly back from England and HK. So his death brought everyone back together for a kind of reunion.

Incidentally, he was just over 101 years old, so that made it a celebration. We all owe red.. hehe.. :thumb:

At the cemetary, we realized something pretty remarkable. My grandfather died on Dec. 4. My grandmother died 5 years ago on Dec. 12 (12/12). But what's really amazing was that my grandmother was born on Dec. 4, 1918. So my grandfather actually died on the same day my grandmother was born 90 years ago! :shock: :think:

12. Adrian Wong

Well, she's obviously out of a job now that my grandfather's dead. Heh.. But we didn't have a choice earlier, I guess. It was better than just letting him live alone. :(

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

My condolences to you and your family.

Btw, I just woke up from my sleep. I'm available from today onwards. It's been an interesting experience recovering from herpes. Not one which I'd like to go through again. :D

14. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Just came in and saw this. :(

Sorry to hear that, Adrian. And my condolences to you and your family.

15. Adrian Wong

Welcome back!!! Needless to say, we should have a good talk on "safe sex"... :shifty: :shifty: :haha: :haha:

16. Adrian Wong

Thanks, Marcus!! :beer:

17. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

May he RIP. 101 years old is not easy at all!

and..i think your grandma and grandpa were really fated to be together :shock:

18. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

where was the herpes from...? :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

19. Adrian Wong

Yeah, amazing set of coincidences. My relatives are still here with me, some of them at least. We will see the last of them leave on Dec. 27. No idea when we will see them next...

It takes something like death to bring everyone back, and now that both my grandparents are gone, I wonder if we can ever get the whole gang back together again soon... :think:

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

True. hardly get to see the young ones since the day my grandpa left all of us. Well, i think everyone of us just want to move on with our life? All the best in 09!