Locate nice food in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by elton, Sep 23, 2005.

1. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I think we dun have this topic before right :think:

Let start recommend some nice food around KL first :p

1. Beef Noodle = Jalan Ah Loh ( near by BB Plaza)
    2. Fried noodle and snak (Tai Cao in cantonise) = Behind Tawakal hospital beside bulatan pahang
    3. Curry seafood serve with rice = petaling street beside popular building, and also beside the famous air mata kucing

more more!!! :beer: :beer:

2. vien

vien Newbie

1. The grilled fish and seafood stall besides (what's the name again) bank in Jalan Sultan petaling street. It's located at the other end of Popular bookshop.

2. Mee Kon Loh from "Kun Kei", one of the old shop opposite Popular shoplot in Jalan Sultan.

3. Nong & Jimmy's Thai Seafood, located in Jalan Cempaka near Ampang. Get down from MRR2 at Pandan Jaya exit, make a right turn under the exit then u ll see that on your right.

4. fried pork intestines, :p Kuchai entrepreneur's park. one of the stalls amongst the corner restaurant's (restaurant opposite Guardian)

5. assam laksa near the pasar(market) in petaling street (opens after 3pm only).

3. Jet

Jet Just Started

Hong Leong Bank?? :D

4. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Eh you also know this place??? this is the place where our last outing was la...

So shy didnt notice this thread :oops:

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I used to love eating taiwanese beef noodles at Ampang. Forgot what that mall is called...argh...

Best Fettucine Carbonara is at Pizza Uno. Make sure to take the Iced Choc Drink. Ask for plain water too coz all that will get stuck on ur throat... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheese Naans (all hail the mighty PsYkHoTiK - Devourer of all things Cheese naans) go for the double cheese naan at murnis and eat it with Sweetened condensed milk.

Best Nasi Briyani, at Batu Pahat.. On the main road past the bridge heading south.

Best nasi Kerabu, Nasya's mom.... LOL OUtta luck for most of you guys... :haha:

Some good pasta is at Ikano Power Center (that pasta place beside Ace Hardware - forgot name) and Cafe 1920 (or something like that :p ) at 1U... Ask phok. He loves the funghi pasta there... :mrgreen:

Seafood - Ocean King at Sandakan, Sabah on Jln Batu Sapi. Its one of the reasons I no longer eat seafood in west malaysia. Sandakan has the best sea food in Sabah. Nuff said. Tried other places and stuff but nothing beats sandakan. :thumb:

I'll post more if I think of any. I'm a GREAT GREAT eater and INSANELY picky...

6. Zen

Zen Das lässige Schwein

Beside ace hardware ar... is it fasta pasta?

7. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Roti John in Taman Tun Market.... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

KL:

Jalar Alor (Correct sp? Or is it Jalan Ah Loh). The best Kam Heong Crab I've EVER TRIED!

Taiwan House, Ampang Point Shopping Cumplex.

Restoran Hameed Ali, Outside Ampang Point Shopping Cumplex nearby UMW Toyota Showroom. I LOVE their Roti Canai, Roti Telur, Tandoori Chicken, Nasi Briyani, Garlic Naan & Teh Tarik.

The mamak stalls nearby my condo (South View) in One Ampang Avenue A.K.A Little Korea. They sell a range foods, but my favourite ones are the Naan stall (TheY have nice paneer & Tandoori Chicken.) & the Satay stall.

Nearby North Point condo, One Ampang Avenue (I think.). There's one mamak restaurant that has a small & economical Thai-Chinese restaurant inside it by the name of Thai Chu. The restaurant opens only during lunchtime & I go there almost everyday for their Garlic Chicken Rice.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup. thats the one. Loved their lasagnia. :thumb:

TF:
    Yeah, Ampang Point... Those are really good! The rice, the noodles, and the dumplings! :drool:

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Haha.. I just shared a lasagne at Fasta Pasta with Jenny last week. :mrgreen:

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

hahaa. Portions are big... :mrgreen: glad that you like that place... :D

I WANT CHEESE NAANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been deprived of it for over a year. When I go back next summer, I'm gonna close Murni's!!!! :haha:

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

psy..i can help u to close em :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

13. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

hm....KL eh? I only know there is a coffee shop which only do Ba Gu Teh behind the Indian Temple near Jalan Masjid India. :mrgreen: :thumb:

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I haven't been to Murni after Psy left for US! :shock:

15. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Murni's.... Murni's brother.. WILLIAMS!

Best mamak ever :)

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Heck, after Chai (gonna drag u outta ur office man... ), me and phok close murni's we'll close his bro's shop too... :haha:

17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, nothing to do with my work actually. I just don't have a companion who's crazy enough to go to that super packed place.

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! So you have been to Williams too!! :haha:

The trouble with both, I think.. is that they simply count the cost of the meal. I think they just look at the table and simply create a figure. :nuts:

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

we can close murni, but I doubt we can close Williams :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

it's a very expensive Mamak :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: RM8 for a plate of "fried" spaghetti :nuts: :nuts:

still remember this ar psy?

APPLE JUICE BESAR BOSS!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    [​IMG]

then whoaaaaaaaaa... :haha: :haha: :haha:

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

"LORONG SERATUS 100" in PJ SS2
    "Village Cafe Penang Style" in Phileo Damansara
    "Screaming Banana" in Phileo Damansara

just order any food you can find there, they are all very very nice :D

u guys should try it out!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005