Malaysia's Elections 2008 (Before, During & After)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Amazing... DAP had 5X as many State seats as they did in the last elections. :thumb: :thumb:

They couldn't have done it without the help of all concerned Malaysians... and of course, in cooperation with PKR and PAS. :thumb:

2. Adrian Wong

OMG.. The sheer arrogance of this crook. Has he not "eaten" enough? How much more money does he want to siphon from the people??? :mad:

You are also a big bullshitter, Saravanan. The last 50 years was the best time to prove that you guys were in it to serve the people. No need to start bullshitting down. We have had enough of your drivel. :hand:

3. Adrian Wong

Expected. Even I predicted this. The stocks of government-linked companies would fall like stones after this election. The atmosphere on the ground was so obviously anti-BN.

Sorry if anyone of you actually put money into them. Now that the Opposition has won 5 states AND the Federal Territory to boot, you can count on them to put stop to nonsensical projects like the Penang Global City Center (PGCC). Watch out, Patrick Lim of Equine Group. I think you know you backed the wrong horse. Hehehe...

He's probably quivering with shock and panic now at his townhouse residences (he owns four combined units) at Equine Park in Seri Kembangan. LOL!!!

4. Adrian Wong

LOL!! What's wrong with BN politicians? They really like to dress up the ugliness they made to look like jewels. :nuts:

In 2006 I believe, Khir Toyo declared that Selangor was now a DEVELOPED state, superior to even countries like Switzerland. Now, Shahrizat who lost to Anuar's daughter, said that she developed her constituency until it was almost like Manhattan. :shock: :shock:

I think she's delusional. Maybe she doesn't go out much. Come, Shahrizat. Let me show you the kind of squalor that exists just 5-10 minutes away from your swanky Bangsar perch. :roll:

5. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

its very hilarious when they use the term "shocking defeat", i tend to laugh when i read those words in the news :haha: even more so when it came out of the month of people like Koh Tsu Koon and Samy Vellu. It just show how much they have lost touch with the reality on the ground :faint:

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Well, the guys and girls in BN, they MUST learn their lesson. Now, everyone knows that they are sleeping in the job, and we need to wake them up! :haha:

There are many other significiant places which have already taken by the opposition. Looks like there are many issues within the 5-yr timeframe which have made the citizens to think for another alternative. :whistle:

7. Adrian Wong

Very true. I think they actually believed they were invincible. I think their cronies were so convincing that they believed their own lies. :haha: :haha:

8. Adrian Wong

It's unprecedented actually. Think about this.

The only state that the Opposition controlled last election was Kelantan, with a mere 1 seat majority.

This election, the Opposition won FOUR NEW states AND the Federal Territory, and retained Kelantan with an incredible majority of 40 out of 45 seats. They almost won Terengganu and Negeri Sembilan too, and put significant dents into BN strongholds like Johor and Melaka.

Also, BN won 68% of the popular vote in the last election, which gave them 91% of the seats, thanks to their gerrymandering.

This election, they only won 63% of the seats, even after even more gerrymandering and some say, cheating. So, if we extrapolate that result, it means they only won 47% of the popular vote!!!

In other words, without gerrymandering alone, the Opposition could have formed the Federal Government.... If BN is not careful.. and start to do their job, that could happen in the next election. ;)

9. Adrian Wong

LOL!! What a joke... Losing the 2/3 majority and 5 states + Federal Territory will affect your ability to execute your national development plans?

Maybe that's true, if those plans are racist or corrupt in nature! If it's genuinely good for the people, why should the Opposition vote against it? Don't be silly, Ku Li....

10. Adrian Wong

I hope Anwar does not run back to BN. That would kill his credibility and that of the PKR. The BN represents everything that is wrong with the nation - racist policies, communal politics, corruption and patronage. :hand:

11. Adrian Wong

12. Adrian Wong

Here are some post-election quotes, courtesy of Malaysiakini. :thumb:

13. The_YongGrand

Haha!

That's the best kind of Blitzkrieg we've ever seen! Power occupation of 5 states... :D :thumb:

14. Adrian Wong

It was a blitzkrieg alright! :haha: :haha:

Unfortunately, UMNO members still haven't learnt how to blitz... Looks like they are still stuck in their indecisiveness. :roll:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Now from Penang to Selangor to visit Adrian... all the states that I'll pass through will be under the oppositions. Funny... :lol:

Best thing would be to abolish the toll... :haha: wow... song!!!

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

17. The_YongGrand

The vicinities around my place are all the time under the Opposition's rule. And even some places have been taken over by them recently.

I'm happy that the Opposition has teached these BNs a serious lesson. A good whoop-ar$e, a good slap, or a good splash of cold water, to wake the sleeping, dreaming, complacent guys there. :D

How we wish that Johor has a place for opposition too. Y'see, at least it could help Johor some more, since it's very close to S'pore. :D

18. Adrian Wong

That's a radical idea, and one that should be implemented. However, the PLUS highway is under the federal government, I believe... :(

19. Adrian Wong

If the Opposition really live up to their word, the next states to fall would be Melaka, Negeri Sembilan and... Johor! :twisted:

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

If BN get's their act right, it may be a good 5 years to come for Malaysia. The now relavent "opposition" government in the five states would be working their ass off to make sure they do a good job and deliver their promises. That's something hopeful.

And to be doubly positive, BN might also have to work their ass off to regain a popular stand with the Rakyat. so hopefully that means less arrogance and more rakyat-friendly goodies...

Let's see how things unfolds in the next 5 years!