Malaysia's Elections 2008 (Before, During & After)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Feb 13, 2008.

1. bslee

bslee Newbie

Purchasing a house is everyone's issue when the time comes. Here we have a MCA chief who warms the chair as Housing and Local Government Minister and yet its toothless in nsuring every house buyer is assured of a good deal. They're toothless and lethargic when house purchasers fall to scams, abandoned projects and etc. The PAIN and ACHE one goes through is unbearable!. Malaysia is about the only country or two in the world where buyers actually pay for a house they DON'T SEE at first sight or for quite a while and there's ALWAYS an element of risk it'll NOT materialize. Banks are not always willing parties to assist in easing the plight. WHAT ARE THE POLITICIANS DOING all the while when they're needed to intervene? BTW, no need to mention the quality of houses have deteriorated for the value you pay. It'll crumble or crackup in 15 years. Thats the deal BN promises you IN REALITY! simply because voters constantly give them LANDSLIDE VICTORY!. We face EARTH landslides due to haphazard development!.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! Only now they have suddenly secured RM 1 million for the new drainage? Amazingly fortuitous, isn't it? :D

Ahhh.. Honestly, everyone knows that our roads and infrastructure get a massive upgrade whenever there's an election.

Look at the Ijok by-election. They suddenly received a MASSIVE infusion of money from the government so that BN would win. After BN won, what happened? The money stopped coming in.

Be smart... Vote for LONG-TERM development, NOT once-in-5-years handouts. Since the money is already allocated, thank SUPP and vote for the party you have always wanted to vote for. I'm not necessarily asking you to vote for DAP, but why should a last-minute hand-out change who you vote for?

What SUPP managed to get at the last minute is really not a gift. It is what you, as a citizen of Malaysia, DESERVED to get and much earlier too. By withholding the money until just before the elections... I think that's just plain SELFISH and WRONG. :hand:

3. Adrian Wong

Indeed. They only make promises. If you want something done for real, make sure they do it BEFORE the elections. Otherwise, it's as good as not done.

The lousy MIC rep for Prai won the last election, but after that, where the heck was that idiot? NOT SEEN AT ALL. The Indian community kept asking him to come over to look after his constituency but he always refused. Too busy making money off his post, I suppose. Vote for that idiot or MIC again? NOT ON MY LIFE! :mad:

4. Adrian Wong

IMHO, we need to reach out to our friends and relatives and spread the truth. Like how the newspapers (e.g. The Star) lied about the HINDRAF rally to hand roses to Badawi. Or the BERSIH rally. Our newspapers print nothing but lies, lies, lies!

If we do not tell our friends and relatives about the truth, many will probably swallow the lies being spread in the mainstream media. I'm not saying we should ask them to vote for the opposition. They have the right to decide that. But at the very least, they MUST be told the truth so they can best decide for themselves.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I can't believe you actually changed your mind based on that!

6. Brian

Brian Newbie

grats jasper, they bought your vote ;)

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Well, if they promised stuff like improvements and all that beforehand the elections coming, write it down on a piece of paper. then after 4 years show them back whether did they do all these or not. haha. :D

8. bslee

bslee Newbie

heh!. even Lim Kit Siang rarely gets the answers he's been asking relating to broken promises and pledges. What more we mortals can expect?. Trouble is, the more times they're voted in, the more we're taken for granted till kingdom come.he
    Look at how BN are baiting and hypnotizing potential supporters?.. bigger dividends, parcels of land, immediate payouts, cash ang pows..you name it..they're doing it..ITS A BUY OUT!..

9. Adrian Wong

That's how BN wins. They buy the people's votes using our own tax money. :haha:

It is quite funny actually... if it wasn't so sad as well...

10. Adrian Wong

Err... You can already do that for all past BN developments. Let me see what they have done in the last 4 years...

1. Increased the crime rate. :thumb:
    2. Increased corruption in all government departments (including the police). :thumb: :thumb:
    3. Reduced foreign direct investment. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    4. Reduced the integrity and freedom of our media. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    5. Invoked ISA and other unlawful detentions. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    6. Made a mockery of our judicial system by electing a private lawyer with NO experience on the bench DIRECTLY to the FEDERAL COURT.
    7. Made a mockery of our Constitution by changing it on a whim, merely to ensure that they would have a pliant Election Commissioner to help them win this coming election.
    8. Wasted 4.6 BILLION Ringgit of taxpayers' money on a buy-out of the Port Klang Free Zone.
    9. Wasted 90 MILLION Ringgit of taxpayers' money to send a space tourist to space.
    10. Made a mockery of our judicial system again by closing both eyes and ears when numerous UMNO politicians and their misdeeds were exposed.

I could go on and on... but what's the point? This is just 10 things I can think off the top of my head. If ALL THAT can be ignored or forgotten merely by rehashing the same old promises, I would like to be the first to PROMISE any one of you a BILLION dollars next year if you give a million dollars today. ;)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  11. Adrian Wong

Here's some food for thought...

12. Adrian Wong

13. Adrian Wong

More food for thought. Press freedom and impartiality in Malaysia? Let Azalina put those naughty rumours to rest. ;)

14. Adrian Wong

Even more food for thought...

15. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I'll vote for anything that has no BN relations:faint: :faint: :faint:

16. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

no lar, i dont think i am gonna vote for BN, i dont particularly support the opposition, but i just dont like what i am seeing with the current government in power.

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

jasper... if you see what I see and know what I know, you won't want to vote for BN. even if the BN candidate is smart and good and the opposition is a dumbass idiot..... seriously.

18. bslee

bslee Newbie

Oh well, Nominations are in. The fate of our country lies where we put "X" on the 8th. Please pass the message round to all your friends and family to DENY TWO-THIRD MAJORITY to BN and VOTE ANYTHING on the OPPOSITION...PKR, PAS, DAP, Independents. Lets not let soundrels, thieves and robbers deprive us of our rights and a more united Malaysian society. I had a dream in 1990. I dreampt everyone become MALAYSIAN..not China, Melayu, India, Serani, Sikh. SEMUA MALAYSIAN! Now is 2008, and THAT DREAM IS NOWHERE!.. BN policies WORK AGAINST IT. Its was even UTTERED once by a BN voice: "Kalau tak suka boleh keluar!"..

PLEASE VOTE WISELY if you love MALAYSIA.

NB. I'm NO particular PARTY SUPPORTER NEITHER MEMBER but I seek justice and fairness FOR ALL MALAYSIANS. I've SEEN and HEARD enough injustice for 50 years. Thank you!.

19. Adrian Wong

Well, no one should tell you who to vote for. But neither should you just cast a vote for someone who just comes along every 4-5 years to make promises or deliver some token effort.

The BN reps just came to my condo, sponsoring RM 20K for a Chinese New Year celebration with lion dance and all. Naturally, they gave promises that if re-elected, they would finally do something about the bad traffic conditions, crime rate, etc., etc.

Quite surprising since they didn't even bother to drop by last year for Chinese New Year or Deepavali or even Hari Raya. What makes this year so special? Oh yeah, it's election time. :)

If they wanted to solve the traffic problem or the high crime rate here, they could have done it YEARS ago. In the last election, we gave them 90% of the seats in Parliament! If they cannot solve such small problems and reduce corruption and crime rate with 90% of the seats, then why the heck should I vote them back in? You got to be kidding me.... :hand:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  20. Adrian Wong

That day, I was waiting at the bank, when the young Malay clerk asked a Chinese old man who he would be voting for in his constituency. I couldn't help smiling when he said, "PAS, of course! We need to have some checks and balances."