Malaysia's PM seems to be failing his people at every chance

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Here's an editorial by Michael Backman of The Age. He's a noted speaker on doing business in Asia... and seems very well-read and connected.

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I agree. They have been slacking and slipping out of porpotions every day, and every second by second. I am very sad to know that G are failing the citizens so miserably. We should tell them the consequences of slacking in the office, and buckle up further! :wall:

3. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I don't think they care, cause they already have the Election Commission helping them turn even the smallest majority into a massive lead in Parliament.

This is why the EC is rearranging the constituencies and pushing large number of voters around according to race and political affliations. :hand:

The only way we can get a non-BN government is for the Agong to step in, replace Badawi with a Prime Minister of his choice... and revamp the election system. Otherwise, it's a pretty hopeless situation.

4. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

I thought PM have the power to 'sack' agong? i.e. PM is above agong:?:

5. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

it's the other way round. It would be a disaster if a PM could sack Agong! :mrgreen:

6. Adrian Wong

Nah.. It's the Agong who has the power to sack the PM and replace him with anyone he deems suitable... even if it's his chauffeur. ;)

7. The_YongGrand

Heh... but replacement of a new PM and change election system ain't going to be an easy task! :wall: :wall:

8. Adrian Wong

Of course it's not going to be easy. Which is why we ALL need to do our part to ensure his is a single-term administration. The country will fall apart if he gets his wish to rule for another 15 years. :hand:

9. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

a bit off topic, but boss... u seems getting more interested in political news lately.:wave:

10. The_YongGrand

Oh man, pray hard that they will change, or else if they never buckle up for another 15 years, they will be destroying this beautiful country brick by brick, piece by piece, and into a million billion gajillion pieces!! :wall: :wall:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It is something even I cannot ignore. I just read this editorial.

12. Adrian Wong

How can I not? Our politicians are now so corrupt and arrogant that they don't even care if you catch them in the act.

Look at the Klang assemblyman, Datuk Zakaria Md Deros. After being caught for corruption, what did he do? Did he resign? No... What did UMNO do? NOTHING. Case closed. He even had the gall to show off his "palace" to the press.

The situation is getting from bad to worse. In the past, they have never been so daring. If we do not stop them now, we will turn into another Myanmar in 5-10 years.

Even the royals are angry. Read today's newspaper. Even Sultan Azlan Shah came out to say that our judicial system has been compromised and is no longer respected. This was just after our de facto Law Minister, Nazri (Nazi???), said that the judicial system is fine.. and all the judges are of indisputable character. :nuts:

Also, did you read the news that Nazri insists that the government still needs inhumane laws like ISA and OSA to clamp down on "dissenting" parties? What does that mean? We cannot protest against an unjust government? That we should all just shut up and let them rape the country?

If we do not do something now, the country is going to go the way of Myanmar. If we do not speak up now, we may never be able to speak up again... the way they are corrupting the judicial and electoral system.