Moving To The Klang Valley

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You sure??? :think:

If it's an established area, Streamyx SHOULD be available. Then again, this is Terrorkom we are talking about. :wall:

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Yesssssssssss!!!! Cook at home!!! :wave:

3. Adrian Wong

Okay, so the best option would be Bukit Idaman, right?

Any other areas I should look into as well? :think:

4. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. We just got hold of a blender that can handle ice as well. So, we can now make our own ice-blended frappucino. :mrgreen:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Shortcut? You want to risk crashing into chicken, motorcyclists without helmet, pot holes, speed bumps! :haha:

6. lklatmy

lklatmy Newbie

Yes,I think the best way to go to PJ is through the toll,"luckily",it's only Rm1 for the time being.

The short-cut mentioned by other forumer starts from Segambut dalam,leads to Mt Kiara thru a Malay Kampung with speedbumps,motorcyclist riding without helmets,chickens etc to watch out for.Another shortcut goes thru the newly built govt quaters and leads to either Jalan Duta or Jalan Kuching.The bottleneck is at Segambut Dalam's traffic light.You wouldn't miss the shortcuts becuse the greatest landmark for u to admire along the way is the semi-built,landscaped,tight security,seems no work going on for ages,MALTRADE building. :silenced:

There's plan to upgrade Jalan Segmbut Dalam as mentioned by Samy the great.In fact there is already some work going on under the bridge where Jalan Kuching is on top. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Or you could go onto Jln Kuching, get onto Jln duta, head towards the Government complex, and take the road that goes to Hartamas. :mrgreen: I'm VERY familliar with Segambut too... :mrgreen:

No tolls..

KL=my neck of the woods... :mrgreen:

8. vien

vien Newbie

Wangsa Maju is also an established area but there are no Streamyx available AFAIK since couple of months ago. Well you can always double check with local residents :shifty:

The problem is the Streamyx access point is within certain radius of area (I think is 50km), so if your house "ngam-ngam" outside the radius, you still won't have access to Streamyx :nuts: :haha: Also new residential areas without Telekom lines installed or other phone company lines installed (such as Maxis) do not have access to Streamyx.

9. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yup i agree that is true the road is not that good, but unless you wish to head toward mont kiara and hartamas area.. :think: Other than that it is much more faster if you wish to go Section 16 side too :think:

Boss car still can take those road if there is a traffic jam at the main road... I just wish hightlight there is another option for travel :thumb:

10. Adrian Wong

Honestly, it's highway robbery literally. :snooty:

It's actually RM 2 because if you go to PJ, you still have to pay RM 1 on the way back. And if you go in and out quite often, that's a LOT of money every month! :wall:

We pay road tax and we also have to pay toll to cross from Selayang to PJ??? All just to line Samy Vellu's pockets. :mad:

11. Adrian Wong

Arghhh... PsYkHoTiK!!! PLEASE COME BACK!!!!! :pray: :pray:

Come back and show me around!!! :wicked: :haha: :haha:

12. Adrian Wong

Yeah, will have to check with the residents. When it comes to Terrorkom, ANYTHING BAD is possible. :mrgreen:

13. vien

vien Newbie

good luck with Terrorkom :mrgreen: dun end up like my ex-boss, he checked with Telekom, got an office in Kajang then they tell him Streamyx cannot be installed in the office. All happens after the office is nicely renovated then he had to find somewhere else :nuts: :evil:

14. Adrian Wong

That sucks! Is it because his office is a new one and it's using fiberoptics??? :think:

15. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

haha Smay Vellu like to said
    "Mana ada highway tak kutip duit punya"
    mean where got highway no need to pay toll one :haha: :haha: :haha:

16. vien

vien Newbie

nope, they just said Streamyx cannot reach there. :roll:

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

WELCOME TO KL BRO! :beer: :haha:

18. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

My friend told me that Stremyx's radius is only around 5kms or something like that. Even worse, his place in Kepong Indah in Selayang is totally unreachable by Streamyx.

So what? When he asked the folks in TM they said,

Oh, get a wireless one. Will do eh? :D

Uh, what's the problem there? I thought they (and the authorities) are trying to expand the broadband thingy? :D

19. Adrian Wong

Yeah, it's limited to a few kilometers from the ports. :think:

Aiihhhh.. The bad news is TMNet is only going to roll out WiMax in Q3 of NEXT year!!! :wall:

We need some real competition, man... :wall:

Eh, coming back to the topic...

After talking to Chai a little today, maybe I should expand my horizons a little.

The idea is to find a place CLOSE to a teaching hospital, and yet very accessible to PJ/KL. Also cheap enough for me to afford!!! :haha:

Any other suggestions?? :pray: :pray:

20. Adrian Wong

My aunt took me around the Selayang area yesterday. Kinda hard to find any house for sale over there. Well, at least close to the hospital. :wall:

We saw one or two houses for sale but they were either too run-down.. or cost over RM 350K and looked like they still needed quite a bit of renovation. :wall:

Went again to Sunway SPK. The cheapest lot cost RM 678K+ (~USD 183K) and according to them, all we need to do is pay 10% (RM 67.8K or USD 18.3K) and then we can take a bank loan of up to 30 years.

Guess how much we need to pay each month? :mrgreen:

RM 3,600++ (~USD 1,000) for the next 30 years!!! :haha: :haha: :nuts:

All for a two and a half storey terrace house with a land area of 22x75. Man, it's so expensive. Have to admit though that the finishing appears to be very good. Then again, it's just a show unit. :roll:

Anyway, seeing that there is a dearth of good and affordable houses around the Selayang General Hospital, we are now considering University Hospital instead. In that case, then the Section 17 area would be the most strategic one, I think. :think:

Aihhh... House hunting sure is a LOT of work!! :doh: