My Experience As A House Officer

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 5, 2005.

1. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Well I suppose as a pharmacy student, you know a lot more than me about cervixes and ovaries. So I guess if you want to say that, I'm not complaining. I was under the impression that you could examine a cervix with a speculum, and minimally-invasive surgery techniques mean people don't have to be gutted open any more.. but then what do I know ? :)

2. wodenus

wodenus Banned

um.. don't you look at a cervix during a pelvic exam (that's what they call it right ?) and you get paid for that right ? as far as ovaries are concerned, I guess if you're doing surgery you'd look at them too ?

PS. Yes, I am digressing a little. But I wanna know. So should open a new topic or what ? :)

PPS. Am no longer the only person in the whole forum with a negative rep. Do reps expire or something ?

3. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I dunno if you;d call it "prevalent". How many cases do you guys get ?

If wishes were horses... :)

Seriously :) doesn't an ovary somehow look female ? the whole female reproduction system.. I mean even if you were from some other planet and had to guess, I bet you'd say it was female. It just looks so.. female, doesn't it ? :)

4. wodenus

wodenus Banned

well because you're gonna do surgery one day maybe ? and then I can cadge an invite to a surgical procedure ? :)

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Huh? I don't qualify for a loan because of some legal issues?? :confused:

You should really read my posts properly. I never said that. :hand:

All I said that I need NOT apply for a loan yet.. because I have to wait for state consent for the sale. Once that goes through (as it has just happened), I can then apply for a loan.

Hope that clarifies the issue for you. Next time, try not to jump to conclusions before you are sure of the facts. ;)

6. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Being a pharmacy student has nothing to do with it... :whistle:

If you referred properly before replying, you'd see that I was refering to the ovaries... :roll:

:eh: :nuts: Where did THAT come from? This is going off-topic, I'm not going to reply anymore of your posts if you don't stick to topic... :whistle:

2 people like this.
  7. Adrian Wong

So... you want to put a patient under anaesthesia just so you can look at her ovaries for fun?

Even using minimally invasive techniques like laparoscopy, no one does it for the fun of it. :roll:

2 people like this.
  8. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Well try to be clearer next time you post :) so basically you applied for a loan after you bought the house ?

9. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Well I dunno.. don't you study that in college ? pharmacy is a subset of medicine isn't it ?

Well okay.. you can examine ovaries without having to gut anyone open either.

1 person likes this.
  10. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I didn't say that :) now who's straying from the topic ? :) anyway my point was.. it can't be all that bad since you're being paid to look at cervixes and ovaries :)

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Can we please steer away from female organs that someone seems to be insanely interested in pushing into discussion? I wonder if that reflects on that person's character?

Enough of this let adrian continue on telling us his experiences and let us all give him our support instead of posting BS. He doesn't need to see BS after a long day.

3 people like this.
  12. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Yes it does. What you are interested in always reflects your character, or didn't you already know that ? ;)

I think if we cut out the BS.. we'd lose half the forum :) anyway, whatever you say, Mr. moderator, sir. :)

13. Adrian Wong

Excuse me? :roll:

I posted that at least TWICE in the past. But you still refused to read my posts properly.

14. Adrian Wong

That's a bit inane... It's like saying that it can't be that bad to be a trashman because you have the privilege of looking at people's rubbish. :roll:

15. Adrian Wong

Actually, I've sort of made up my mind.

Been thinking about life and my future for the last few weeks. Yeah, even BEFORE I stepped into government service.

Somehow, the life of a doctor just doesn't suit me. I have so many other dreams and ambitions I want to pursue. It would be a real shame if I stuck to the safe path and continue like everyone else.

Personally, I'm all for trying new things... taking risks in life. Somehow, I don't like the monotony of medical life. :wall:

16. Ject

Ject Newbie

I could never do anything medical.. I'm a wuss lol. I'd really like to volunteer to do things like build stuff, or repair houses.. (yet some how get $$ so I can live)

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

GO Adrian! I think you'll easily succeed in anything you do, seriously. And btw, I'm pretty sure you've heard of doctors practicing their knowledge minus all the red tape right? All you need is something else to take of of your financial needs, then this way, there's nothing to bother you with practicing medicine for the sake of medicine alone ;) :thumb:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Woohoo! Go Adrian Go! :dance: :wave: :beer:

All da best to all of us at ARP! May we rise and never look back! :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

19. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

dear boss big man, you have our support!! someday u'll gonna give those psychotics at the GH a run for their money :beer:

20. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Wow Adrian, that takes guts! :shock: :cool: Not just anyone would dare to step off the beaten path and venture in new directions [even if they DO dream about it]! :thumb:

What I'd like to know is, why did you decide on studying medicine in the first place, and did you ever think that it wouldn't actually be your choice of career after all? :think: ...also...what does your family think of it? :shifty:

Oh, and how about giving us an idea of some of the dreams and ambitions you have? ;)