My first shot at Watercooling!

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by PsYkHoTiK, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Anyone want a swiftech mcw5000-a waterblock for a socket a? :haha:

Was never able to complete my set-up. :mrgreen:

2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

You know, green doesn't actually look so bad after all :mrgreen:

Bleeding now, pics and results to come tomorrow, probably

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Status update...I'm in way over my head. Gonna get some things that will make my job infinitely easier, like some proper hose clamps and a reservoir. :roll:
    Sticking with the XP-90 for a while.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LMAO! What happened? :p

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Bubbles and leaks. Enough said :p
    Luckily I had the pump and rad outside the case otherwise it would have been a bit messy.

6. Chai

That's why it's best to test outside the casing before installing. :D

But these days, I'm quite overconfident, I never pre-test outside the casing anymore... :shifty:

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah I did do a leak test but I think one of the pump fittings came loose when I moved it around and mounted the block...

Decided to just immerse the pump in a bucket and get on with it :p Real ghetto stylez :haha:
    Damn Abit is still giving me the same temps as it does on air, so overclockability is the only thing I can go by...
    Gained about 70MHz on stock volts. So far I'm not terribly impressed.

Attached Files:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Shrink wrap for the win!! :lol:

9. SilentBotts

SilentBotts Newbie

That whole set up makes me nervous. Tie wraps keeping the tubing on. *shiver*
    That bucket is killing your flow rate, and the water presure inside the loop, the storm is made for high flow systems, so that is probably why the performance is not so breathtaking.
    Get a res, or just fill it up and close the loop.

10. Chai

LOL! Water cooling is not miracle man. That's why I hardly recommend water cooling for sane users... :haha:

11. Chai

Er...having a water bucket doesn't kill water flow...

Water flow killer is the tube length, corners, waterblock/radiator restrictions, not the amount of water in the bucket...

12. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

The bucket IS my res :lol:

Yeah I'll be going back to air after I have a shot at the 6600GT world record :haha: