New Scam Hitting Malaysia

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Okay, this is a first person account by my cousin's girlfriend who was almost conned. :doh:

Watch out, people... If it's too good to be true, it is ALWAYS too good to be true. Don't be greedy! Greed is what allows these con men to cheat even smart people. :twisted:

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

this con was published in the newspapers many months back... and I guess some people just never read or never learn from it....

3. Adrian Wong

There's also one where someone will call you up (or using an automated voice mail machine) to tell you that you have missed a court date. They will ask you to call this inspector or some police officer to "handle" the problem.

Needless to say, there is no court case or police officer out to get you. But many people still got fooled into "bribing" the "police officer".

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

can someone actually withdraw money from your acc using just your acc no? if thats the case these guys can easily pickup 1000 acc no. from the bins in the bank..

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Scams like these always freak me out. You gotta be vigilant at all times, and sometimes it's better to just say no if you aren't sure :(

6. Adrian Wong

Nope. But with your full name and IC number as well, they can forge your IC and bank book.

1 person likes this.
  7. Adrian Wong

Best thing is to just ignore them... unless you want to play a prank on them to waste their time and money. :thumb:

8. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

haha, reminded me of the tv series "The Phone Jacker" :faint:

YouTube - Fonejacker - Monies

9. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

hmmm upgrades

*using 1 hand to type*

10. Adrian Wong

Try it.. It can be really entertaining. It could also help prevent them from fooling some other poor sucker. The longer you delay them on the phone, the less time they have to fool someone else. :mrgreen:

11. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

lol no kidding. I was thinking about replying to my spam emails today :haha: