NFS:Underground 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by PlaySafe, Oct 1, 2004.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

well........i couldn't care about what people think.

as usual, i arrive at the shop right after the shipment arrives.

it's sad. i see people started threads like this cos they like the game, but all you guys could ever do is bash bash bash bash bash the game.

i mean it's a game, it was made for fun. let us have our own fun.

i can see the person started this thread cos he likes this game and many came in.........after that, sheeesh. what's meant to be a fun thread became a punching bag.

i'm just freakin' sick and tired of such attitude - just because a game doesn't suit your taste you bash it like silly even though it was a good game to begin with.

probably all you guys who bashed at NFS series should learn to respect others when it comes to enjoyment of the game.

probably you guys could learn from here, happy and healthy discussion about the game - happy mood almost all the way
    http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=99623

i mean it's really freakin' annoying to see respectable people of ARP to display such behaviour. i mean it's fine if you say you don't like it because it's not realistic, that we all know.

but having spanning like to the 3rd page and having most of the content being bashing of a good game - heck you might as well rename the entire thread to "NFS bashing thread".

again yeah, i'm just freakin's disappointed at those basher attitude. you guys behave like you're all out to get at this game and that it shouldn't exist in the first place.

all in all, i like what mahakanjus said.
    you guys suck any racing game is a great game!
    hahaha

anyway i play both arcade and simulation. it doesn't matter as long as i have fun.

that's the spirit. kudos dude.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  2. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

Yeah, the game is meant for fun and I don't dismiss that it's fun. That's why I'm downloading it. I'm bashing on the horrible car choice for this game and the fact that you can make cars like the one you attached. It's soooo sad and horrible, ricing cars out like that. Plus, Civics are family sedans, not race cars, no matter how much you try to make them be one.

3. streem

streem Newbie

afterall it is just a racing game for people to have fun rite.... cant wait to get my hands on it when i return

4. goldfries

hehe. doesn't matter, who cares. :)

it's all in the art of modding.........as long as the player like me (who don't know much about cars) feel happy.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I beg to differ. This is a forum, I like to express what I think of this game. There is no wrong for me to talk bad about this game, because personally what I think of this game is not wrong. It's exactly the same AMD and Intel discussions. Does that mean that it I don't think Intel is fast enough, I cannot bash them?

This game is full of riced up cars and tons of bling bling. Am I wrong? I'm not having fun with this game because it does not do what it's supposed to do. Simple as that. Fire me if you like, but I will always stand by what I think of it.

6. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Fair enough Chai, but the thing is we all know by now what you think of ricers and such. There is no real need for you to post 8 times (I just counted) in this thread to state how much you hate ricers and the NFSU game. Don't hate me for this, but I think that you should also respect what the rest of us think of this game and if we like it, you should just leave us be. In other words: if you don't like it, that's fine. But you shouldn't over-express your opinion.

7. Chai

Hahaha...I expected a reply like this. Overexpressing? Not really, not when most of you don't even understand me. You guys have rights to insult Bush, why not me insulting NFSU and ricers? :whistle: Just because more people on your side doesn't make you right. And don't forget, this is a NFSU 2 discussion thread, not NFSU2 fan thread! It just so happens that I keep talking about the things I hate. And since I'm the only one who hates this game, why can't I stay here and keep the discussion alive? :whistle:

I even get insulted for playing sim games! So what? As long as I stand by my opinions. Like Adrian said, there's no right or wrong, only consequences.

Have fun, ricers! :twisted:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  8. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:haha: so funny. about game also fight. btw, when this game gonna come out?????

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

ehhh ... you know why uncle policeman angry wert..

he illegal anti-street racing

he is the policeman .. what to do ? :p

10. goldfries

heck the way you guys post, you look like evangelists for racing sims and all out against NFSU as if it was a religion of mis-aligned teachings.

if you want to insult NFSU / Ricers it's fine, we're not saying you can't or you're wrong but wouldn't it be better off if you just go ahead and start a new thread to bash a game rather disturbing other people's thread?? (go create the "what i hate about NFS thread", have fun there.........)

i see the first 5 posts - i already know this is a NFSU fan thread. it's so dead obvious.
    here's a proper NFSU discussion thread - real talks about the game and how to go about it http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=99623

that's my opinion.

anyway i've tested out this game and it's great - best NFS series so far. :) unfortunately i'm not familiar with cars so i don't know how to play around setting the fine tunings for brakes and engines and stuff, the tuning part is more detailed than any NFS series so far.

engines are top notch - my R9800XT goes at 16 - 30 fps when full graphics are on.

it's so addictive, so fun to drive around the city like mad person. heck, my jaws were opened when i saw the intro and all - overjoyed :) good work EA!!!!!!!!!!

11. Chai

Er...since when did I convey that everyone has to play racing sims and stop playing NFSU? Please point a statement that I've said that or close to that. As I've said, majority doesn't mean it has to be right. Just because the first 5 posts are from fans, doesn't mean I can't express my dislike for this game, right?

You always say so yourself, some titles on certain threads are misleading. So in this case, is this title misleading? I don't even think so. This thread is pretty clear that we can discuss anything about NFSU2.

And why not you start a thread about 'NFSU2 fans, please come here' thread, instead of me starting a new one? I seriously don't see your point, and I don't think I'm wrong at all telling what I don't like about this game. As I've said, I also play arcade racing games, I've spent almost thousands on arcade machines like Daytona, and would still play again if I had a chance. So?

12. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Ok. Initially I planned to just keep my mouth shut about this, but I'm not going to hold back now...

I know you're not saying that we HAVE to stop playing NFSU and start playing 'proper' racing sims, but you're making it sound like we are idiots if we play NFSU.

I have absolutely no problem with people expressing their opinion. If you had stopped at that first post (or even the 2nd post), I wouldn't have been too bothered about it. Look at Maximus - he posted about how NFSU is not for purists, and how he agrees with Psy about it being a bit ridiculous. But nothing more after that. He expressed his opinion once, and never bashed the game anymore after that. You, on the other hand, keep on posting about how unrealistic and stupid it is, and how all your other racing games are better. That really gets on my nerves, especially since you have that holier-than-thou attitude which is implicitly saying that you are better than us because you don't play 'stupid' games like NFSU. To me, you're like those f***ing annoying Christian extremists who persistently try and convince everybody to live according to the way that they perceive is 'right'.

Btw, how often do you hear me bashing particular things/people? On this forum, the only person I can recall bashing is Avril Lavigne; and I have only done it once. It's not about how many people are on your side, it's about intruding into other people's discussions.

I won't go into the argument you are having with goldfries about the thread topic. I've said all I wanted to say.

13. goldfries

ok la. i tried not to point at anyone - but now that you replied.........here goes.

that's why i said "heck the way you guys post, you look like evangelists for racing sims and all out against NFSU as if it was a religion of mis-aligned teachings."

i didn't say you "are", just that you "look like".

and it doesn't have to be a particular post - all your posts combined points to that.

yeah DISCUSS - NOT expressing dislikes that's found on 3-pages - that's hardly a discussion. what's there to discuss when you've not even tried the game? what's there to discuss when all your posts are saying the game's not realistic blablablabla too ricer....balblabla.

tell me what have we learned by reading your post about this game? other than being ricer and unrealistic........what else? what other matters can you bring up for discussion?

your posts even look like a discussion. more like repetition of preference. you haven't try the game already you condemn so much about it..........what kind of attitude is that?

if you tried a game, really tried it and hate it - it's fair enough.

but if you didn't and talk so much.........and worse, so much of repetition posts - it's not even a discussion already.

what you want to discuss? drift mode? drag mode? circuit? sprint? street x? or you want to discuss the mods and tuning? or maybe how EA could've included the 3D feature for us to view the car?

how about let's discuss the graphic detail? or car details? or maybe let's discuss on how to get the best drift scores for the game? or let's discuss on tips and tricks to get the best out of drag?

if all you can post is then i'll have to repeat what papercut said...

read the rest of my posts. if you still don't get it, it's fine. i've said it all already. this had nothing to do with arcade games in general.

frankly speaking, i don't see any of your post being relevant or close to a proper discussion.

"NFSU is a stupid game... So is NFSU2...They should make more games like Richard Burns Rally!"
    "I have never played NFSU before........."
    "Got drift mode? I'm so glad I didn't even bother trying this game!"
    "If you want to know what type of racing games I play, check this site. http://www.bhmotorsports.com/

Grand Prix Legend, Live For Speed, Richard Burns Rally, Grand Prix 4, Nascar Season 2003, and some others.

And yes, I hate ricer very very much."
    "Like I said, want realism? Look elsewhere!"
    "Our opinions differ. More realistic = more fun to me."
    "A game for ricers..."
    "NFSU2 is even more riced than ever! "
    "Yeah. arcadish racing games are fun to play, especially Daytona, one of my all time favourites. But I still don't like the ricer nature of NFSU."

here's the summary of the contents of your posts - let the rest be the judge. at least PsYkHoTiK's posts have weight for discussion - i don't see any in yours. discussion my foot. IMO you're just spamming.

14. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

<-- gets a fire going...

who say NFSU2 sucks?

<-- flames the sucker!

doesnt matter if you like it hate it love it loathe it.

your opinion doesnt change if you already have your mind set on it... someone here doesnt like NFSU underground but does that stop me or you from playing it? no right? does it make you a loser for playing? heck ive been told that im a loser for not watching Pearl Harbour wtf? did i go watch to make me a winner? do homosexual men/women turn heterosexual to fit in?

so dont you guys go babling like 5 year old kids fighting for the last swing before dinner time... thats just spoils the whole thread for everyone. heck look what you guys have made me done... now ive spoiled it for everyone!

15. streem

streem Newbie

hey come on.... why make a big fuss.... it is a game afterall... both parties... chill ... cool down.... well... v can talk wateva in this thread.... afterall anyone can do critics on this game.. no one is rite or wrong....

16. goldfries

hehe. yeah same here. :) i'm an NFS fan and damn i'm happy to say that every episode they release isn't a disappointment.

(people think i'm odd for not watching Titanic.......like even after many years of it's release).

ok anyway, let's continue a proper discussion on NFSU2. :) where shall we begin?

anyway, like i mentioned earlier.........."engines are top notch - my R9800XT goes at 16 - 30 fps when full graphics are on." i meant the graphics engine. sorry. :)

i like the downhill drift, it's fun to play. but my Civic tend to oversteer. it's only available on 2nd Stage of the game. :)

another fun thing to play around is the OUTRUN race. just that it's freakin' annoying when your "trick" backfires on you, but it's just plain fun getting some $$$ and the adrenaline rush of trying to outrun the other driver within the city.

what else you guys like about this game? i'm enjoying it so far. especially the high-speed races, not much motion blur this time when you're at high speed, easier to see.

17. Chai

Exactly! I love to complain about the game I don't like. Is there a problem with that? Did I even call you an idiot for saying you play NFSU? If you think so, then you really are, simple as that. My opinions still stand no matter what you think of me. Just because I'm alone on this, you guys find it nice to start flaming me?

Making a big fuss? Not really...It's only people like someone in this thread stating how much I devalued the game, in fact it was not even posted anymore, until someone bring this up again. Just because I took 100 pages whining how much I dislike this game doesn't mean I'm not entitled to participate in this thread.

Anyway, please stop whining about me. It's YOU who brings up the off topic and start firing at me. I'm here just trying to express my opinions, there's nothing wrong with that. If it wasn't because of that, this thread won't even go off topic. Now please go back to topic and stop firing at me. Nothing will change if you don't stop. And I will stop here too.

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Time out, everyone. :mrgreen:

Like it, hate it, it all a matter of opinion. If anything, it shows our diversity.

I have no idea what all this is about but IMHO, good or bad, it reflects on the character of EVERYONE involved.

Like I'm fond of saying, there is no right or wrong. Only consequences.

Is it right for one to like this game? Hell, yes! Does that make it wrong for another to disagree and say that game sucks? Hell, no! There is no right or wrong.

You like it, fine. You hate it, fine. Is there a need to argue over a game?? :doh:

At most, we should agree to disagree; and be civil about it. Agreed? ;)

Let's consider this matter closed. Cool? :mrgreen:

19. goldfries

:) anyway it's already back to topic.

i've nothing else to say cos it's all said already.

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

/takes popcorns..
    /sit back
    /watch
    /not reading the post
    /watching who is debating :p