Olympus C-960 'Card Full' Error

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sofitz, Feb 15, 2010.

1. sofitz

sofitz Newbie

Any help please?
    My Olympus C-960 has given great service until now. I'm getting a 'card full' error message when I switch on. I have reformatted using the camera function and get a 'no picture' message. However, when I switch on again I continue to get a 'card full' error. This has occured with 3 separate cards ( all Olympus Smartmedia) which up to now have worked fine, so I am concluding that there is a fault with the camera itself. I would be very grateful for any insight as to the cause and how to rectify the problem.

2. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

3. sofitz

sofitz Newbie

Many thanks.
    Unfortunately I don't have a PC card reader - have always been content to download from the camera. Since encountering the fault this download procedure simply informs me that there are no images. Is it reasonable to conclude that the problem is with the camera itself?

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

A cheaper alternative is to check the memory card using a card reader first, instead of buying a new camera, unless you need an excuse to get one. :mrgreen:

5. sofitz

sofitz Newbie

Thanks Chai. Sound advice but probably good excuse to change camera anyway!!