Optical Mouse Users...What mousepad do you USE...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by neoro, Feb 15, 2003.

1. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

OKok coz b4 tat u say so.. Anyway u r rite it is also not thier idea>>

2. lung

lung Just Started

I have seen a real old mouse last time in my computer lab back in high school.

It's HUGE (size of a SHOE, I would say) and it CANNOT MOVE around. It's RECTANGLE in shape, with three RECTANGULAR buttons in front. It's kinda like your palm size and as tall as a shoe. Wonder why it's even called a mouse. (The box is kinda like a shoe box!)

Anyway I see the mouse when we were doing some spring cleaning. Threw them all away. Should have kept one for myself... Damn :lol:

3. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

but i think you guys are confused over GUI instead of the mouse.

i think it was Apple that invented the GUI and now MS is using it. isn't it?

since GUI requires a mouse to interact. therefore MACs have mouse before PC. yes?

4. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

So summary
    GUI = MAC
    Mouse = Xerox
    Am i rite??

5. goldfries

not sure. maybe Xerox was the one that actually put that invention to use. while Apple made it popular and PC later implemented it with Windows coming alone.

in XT/DOS days i don't need a mouse. well, up to a certain extent i do need.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think Xerox introduced GUI system using mouse. And Mac copied them.

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Anyway who have the real prove of this????
    I also have a same thinking as chai Xerox is the one...
    If not y they create mouse>>

8. goldfries

hrm. maybe they created a UI but not a GUI. even DOS days you can move mouse cursor around the ASCII bunch of DOS based text pages.

i wouldn't exactly call that GRAPHICAL UI.

9. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

U mean tat menu driven command interface??>>

10. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Xerox are the ones who created GUI, Apple's Steve Jobs was given a look and was immersely impressed. He then hired the engineers who created/researched on that to work for Apple, thus making them the first 'pc' to have a GUI.

11. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Where u got this info from>>>SURE/// hehee
    thank :lol: :lol:

12. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

My computer lect. on my Sound Engineering course and us had a few debates over pc and mac and this came up after one of us said that Bill Gates was teh guy who created GUI on WIN 3.x or something like that.

13. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Hahaaa okok

14. goldfries

LOL. so we have the first mouse. then first mouse for the PC. then first GUI then first GUI for the PC.

15. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I am wonder who sell thier product with GUI using mouse 1st >??

16. Reaper

Reaper Newbie

That **** mikro lembut rich a** reaps everything. A big **** and nasty, con man he is. I'll be interested to see how the 'Penguin' slowly kills the big bird. Hahaha...btw, anyone here got the chance to use Lindows?!? How's it like?

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

i alwasy have this question in mind... if Linux's interface is superior??? why make it look like windows???

18. Reaper

Reaper Newbie

LINux's rock solid stability + WinDOW's user friendliness = ?
    Guess what...it adds up to...microsoft lawsuit :doh:

oooh...how i luv my MX500 :p Just need a nice pad to go with it. Btw, how much does a ratpadz cost locally? and where to get it?

19. goldfries

actually the linux KDE looks like the unix CDE.

but i think most ppl use linux Gnome interface.

well......whatever. just get the mouse you feel happy with. :)

20. powder

powder Newbie

Linux doesn't have to look like Windows. KDE and Gnome are just two desktop environments for Linux that resemble the Windows interface to make switching to Linux easier. With Linux you have the freedom to choose between a lot of different window managers, rather than be limited to one.