Our education system is Islamic, says Pak Lah

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by djspinnet, Oct 9, 2006.

1. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

From http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/10/9/nation/15671006&sec=nation

I'm curious now.. what about the old skool christian/catholic mission schools? I hope they're not forced to comply, or that the govt people can think they can easily subjugate the church. Especially when many Malays send their kids to Catholic/Christian mission schools.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Nah, I don't think so. It only applies to Muslim students. Non-Muslims have to learn Moral Studies. :D

3. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Then by definition it is not Islamic, it's semi-secular/semi-Islamic.

Hence, it is wrong by definition to label the whole as Islamic when only part of it which applies to part of the students is Islamic. And that their "Islamic" means Islamic subjects only, other secular subjects are taught.

And Islamic education means it is done in the Islamic way, which it most certainly isn't for the secular subjects.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, politicians love to label stuff. That's what Badawi is doing.

Maybe he thinks it will win him more votes with the Muslims in the coming elections. The whole government seems to be more intent in winning elections than running the country. :D

Don't worry about it. Badawi's going down in history as Mr. Slogan. What's next? Ramli burgers will henceforth be known as Malaysian burgers?? :D

All this is merely UMNO sandiwara (puppet play). Designed to pull a veil over the eyes of a guillible public.