P5WDH Deluxe-X1950XTX

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Majormaggot, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

Ok its been a while sine my last post(life been keepin me really busy), so i finally got around building a new rig:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Enermax Galaxy 850w PSU
    OCZ Gold GTX DDR2 667 (2X 1024)
    Sapphire Radeon X1950XTX
    Intel Pentium D 805 (guess what i'm gonna do with that :mrgreen: :shock: )
    DVD drives n what not (250GB WD HDD, TV tuner, SB Audigy 2 not plugged in yet till i slove my headache)

So i put the essentials together and tried to boot up. Nothing, PSU beeps annoyingly and turns red (led status). 24 hours later I and 1 new Enermax 850w PSU (almost had to kill just to get a refund), I'm able to start up! But wait now I don't have any video. So returned the Radeon and got another one, made sure to have the store check and confirm that it works and went home with high hopes. Not. plugged in "Working video card" and booted up. All fans running, Power LED on, HDD LED works, HDD spins up, Video card powers up and the two red LEDs at the power connector flash on for hlaf a sec then go off. I get no POST beep, and no video signal.

I've pulled the ram and got the ram beep codes. doubled checked all the connections and pulled all the hair out of my head.

anyone got any ideas whats going on??

thanks,
    Maggot

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Did you check your CPU cooler? Has it been mounted on properly?

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Oh yeah, was it installed in a case?

If so, you might want to check to see if anything metal's stuck between the base of the motherboard and the chassis.

4. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

Well i got it all figured out. Its the Memory. I had bought an OCZ 2 GB dual channel kit, which btw is not compatible with this mobo. so i went back to store and got Corsair XMS 2 TWIN2X 2x512MB DDR2 667Mhz. Slapped them in and Boom it boots up perfectly.

oh and after installing widows my tweaking finger got itchy and well...:whistle:

[​IMG]

stock voltage, zalman CNPS 9500 running at 35 idle and 42 load (ambient around 30 celcius)

gonna take it as high i can go with air cooling tomorrow. (btw stock speed was 2.66Ghz):p

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Not bad... :mrgreen: