Plzz HelPP!! My screen keeps flickering

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by bonnhew, Sep 30, 2009.

1. bonnhew

bonnhew Newbie

i have a Nvidia 8600Gt graphic card .. it used to work fine for almost a year but now my screen started flickering.. i removed the card and it works fine.. i tried to reinstall the drivers but no use.. can somebody please tell me how to fix it??

my PC specs are:
    Dell inspiron 530
    Quad core processor Q660
    2.4 ghz 2gb ram

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

eh could it be the monitor ?

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

eh could it be the monitor ?

4. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Look in nvidia control panel -> display -> change resolution. What is the value in Hz(refresh rate)? What kind of monitor, LCD or CRT? By "i removed the card and it works fine" what do you mean, do you have a second card? A photo of the screen could be relevant.

5. bonnhew

bonnhew Newbie

its not the monitor.. because i removed the graphic card and monitor works fine now.. but after i reinstall my graphic card.. my screen starts flickering.. so im pretty sure its the graphic card

6. bonnhew

bonnhew Newbie

its not the monitor.. because i removed the graphic card and monitor works fine now.. but after i reinstall my graphic card.. my screen starts flickering.. so im pretty sure its the graphic card

7. bonnhew

bonnhew Newbie

8. bonnhew

bonnhew Newbie

i cant post an image until i have 5 posts...lol

9. bonnhew

bonnhew Newbie

i cant post an image until i have 5 posts...lol

10. bonnhew

bonnhew Newbie

im pretty sure its not the monitor... because when i removed the video card.. monitor works fine..
    here is the screenshot:

[​IMG]

11. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

That's not flickering. Your image is doubled-the menu on the right appears tripled!? And again do you have a second card? I'm still confused by the phrase "because when i removed the video card.. monitor works fine..".

12. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Dr. Wong is something wrong with the forum!? Your post appears on 1st Oct 2009 06:40 AM...

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm trying to fix this problem.

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, that was my mistake. :wall:

Coming back to the problem.. I'm not sure what he means by after removing the graphics card. :think:

bonnhew, are you using the motherboard's built-in graphics? And you only get that double image when you hook the monitor up to the graphics card instead?