Q? about Skype-Landline Dualphone Handset?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by b104, Jan 23, 2006.

1. b104

b104 Newbie

It's not exactly a mobile related question but I figured that it was in the near vicinity. Just got one of those new Dualphone Skype usb cordless & landline handsets. Like any rechargeable phones etc,the battery needs to be charged 100% before first use or lower battery performance can sometimes exist thru its'working life.The problem is, when I place it in the cradle to charge,after a short while the handsets' screen says ready. Yet the cradles' charge light remains on.I've seen other cordless phones that read charged on the handset but the cradle led light remains on if the phone is in it,regardless, whether the phone is fully charged or not. (phew!)
    Anyone familiar with this phone P.S. Does the cradle light ever go out?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think you can immediately use it since it's still connected to AC power. Even if it's still recharging, you can use it.

Hmm... AFAIK, all phones now use Li-Ion technology. I don't think you actually need to charge it 100% before using it. :think:

But to maintain its lifespan, you should keep it charged as much as possible. Since it doesn't suffer from any memory effect, it's best to charge it whenever you can.

3. b104

b104 Newbie

Regardlees ,whether the lcd screen showed charged,the phone luckily kept charging to it's capacity.From questions I have asked & electronic courses I have studied,It is good advice for anything rechargeable e.g Li-ion phones cameras etc.Fully charge & almost drain the battery completely for the first & even second time and you'll generally get a longer lasting & better performing battery throughout it's life.