Rio Forge 256MB Sport MP3 Player Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The portable MP3 player market has expanded a great deal lately and it is now very common to see people walking around with either a flash memory-based or the hard disk-based MP3 player hanging on their belts. Cassettes and CDs? Phish! That's the past!

Today, we'll be looking at one of the more notable MP3 players - the Rio Forge 256MB Sport! Let's see how it fares against the deluge of MP3 players in the market!

[​IMG]

Link : Rio Forge 256MB Sport MP3 Player Review!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  2. plasma

plasma Newbie

what's the battery life on that thing? and how much did u get it for?

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

4. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

one thing that I don't get is why these flash mp3 players are stills elling so expensive given that the flash usb drives are selling so cheap

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Coz it has the ability to play music? :think:

6. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

yeah, but it doesn't make much sense that you can get 512 storae for like 30~40 and just add the music play back, you are charging a huge money.

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, good audio doesn't come cheap.. :p
    There's a lot more to costing then the actual cost for a product. ;)

Unlike USB drives, this has a LCD thats backlit, buttons galore, great earbuds. The sheer cost of it would be more than a USB drive.

The market also dictates the price. They will do a market research to see how much the market is willing to pay for it, and adjust it accordingly... ;)

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

wow... the player looks good :)

question: How long does it last on a single AAA batt?

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Just have a look at iPod... :wicked:

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It has a 20hour battery life span. On a single AAA battery... ;) :thumb:

11. peaz

hmmmm no bad at all..

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup, its really good. The stock earbuds are really good.. You should get one.... :wicked:

13. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Nice review! :thumb:

USD 120? Did a cursory check and saw it retailing for USD 169.99! (But there was a 20 buck mail-in rebate i think)

Where did you get yours from? :eh:

14. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

i used to own a rio product....i really love their ear phones...they give u senheiser ear phones...which whoops all the other stock earphones given by other companies...except for the ipod maybe

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

They give Sennheiser ear buds? :shock:

16. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

yes rio gives sennheiser ear buds...

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

18. plasma

plasma Newbie

the 20hours battery life seems interesting compared to other brands which mostly sport around 10,12 or 14 hours only... but even with 20 hours batt life, i still think it is somewhat a lame excuse for an electronic gadget, all these flash players that is... having to change a new battery everyday or every 2 days is juz a bad idea....
    its different if u are having a rechargable batt tho... :think:

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

IMHO, we should all use rechargeables, if possible. Helps reduce wastage and helps protect the environment. :thumb:

But seriously, the Rio Forge looks very nice. Wish I could own one too. :wicked:

20. peaz

Don't need to wish boss :) just buy it. and buy one or two extra while you're at it too... :haha: