Sanyo Eneloop batteries

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chai, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, still in the packaging... I did use the lite, as expected, the life is much shorter.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I just bought 4 Eneloop XX for RM 65 from All IT Hypermarket. Just charged them up for the first time. Haven't had the time to actually try them out yet. LOL!

3. Chai

Wow! That's a huge price drop! I remember it was selling a lot more expensive few months ago! RM75 if I remembered correctly.

4. Adrian Wong

Well, I think their listed price was RM 70? I bargained it down to RM 65 or RM 67, if I remember correctly...

I will be taking them for their first "run" tomorrow on my SB800 flash. Hehe...

If they work well, I might buy more and use them for Ryan's robodog toy which sucks battery power like there's no tomorrow!

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

6. Adrian Wong

Really? I wonder if the EN-EL3e battery has a problem. Mine's draining very quickly actually. I'm not sure if it's the battery problem, or that the D300 has a higher idle power drain than the D70.

7. Chai

That is true. But I have lost packages over ebay too many times, more than 20%. So if it's only RM10 difference, I may just get from Lowyat.

If EL3e is draining too fast, time to get a new battery.

8. peaz

Nah. Doubt it is problematic. I just didn't charge it up for a long time since my D300 has been idle for a long long time. LOL. Babies x2 and huge DSLRs don't go along well on your arms.

And the one that died was the one that Nikon replaced for the D70.... remember that Chai? LOL. We went to get it replaced together I believe.

9. Chai

LOL! I can't remember, but when I sold my D70, the battery was already half dead, and that was years ago...

10. peaz

LOL. Yup. It's that long ago! It was when Nikon was still in that old place in Section 51A in PJ.

Anyways... would you guys go with a 3rd party en-el3e? Was thinking of getting those for the battery pack instead of 8x AA eneloops as an alternative... Hmmm.

11. Adrian Wong

Err.. I think I was there too? It was at the old place in PJ.

12. Adrian Wong

Battery pack for what?

13. peaz

The MB-D10 Battery Extender Grip for the D300 lo....

14. Adrian Wong

FYI, I just bought another set of four Eneloop XX batteries for RM 65 from All IT Hypermarket. :thumb: :thumb:

15. Chai

Which All IT?

16. Adrian Wong

The one at the top floor of IPC, Mutiara Damansara. But you will have to ask them for a discount. The official price is RM 75.

BTW, Groupon has an offer for four standard Eneloops with a charger for RM 49, or RM 59 with delivery. Very good deal too.