Slim Drive use for SFF?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cavornex, Nov 23, 2006.

1. cavornex

cavornex Newbie

Hi, just joined and this is my very first post. Btw, I am not a techie, just an aspiring geek who knew nothing.

My plan is to build SFF, particularly SD37P2 model to accommodate C2D E6700, 7950GTX2, 2 Raptor 74G in RAID 0, 2 gig kit Corsair XMS. I know its not the latest & greatest set-up, I just can't afford the top rig, besides, I'm not into OCing; and from where I am, the top rig now will come to our shores 6 months late.

Windowing the case is no problem, my father is into acrylic business (making trophies and corporate give-away stuff).

My main intention is to use a Slim Drive to save space and improve air circulation. I just need the drive to load games. My questions are:

1) I intend to mount the slim drive by fabricating a 5mm acrylic tray. Haven't come close yet to a SD37P2 SFF and a slim drive, anybody knew of the dimensions?
    2) If It can be done, can the factory 450W PSU connection be tweaked to fit the slim drive's connector and voltage requirements?
    3) Can I replace the factory ICE cpu cooler with a Thermaltake Big Typhoon? Is there a conflict in the hsf mountings to the xpc's mobo mountings?

I know somehow, somewhere, there's a way to fulfill my dream machine. With experts like you, I know I'm in the right place. :roll:

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

2) Yes, but you will probably need to do DIY a molex to the slim drive's connector and maybe some soldering job to get the right voltage for your slim drive.
    3)Thermaltake Big Typhoon in a SFF case? I think it's really impossible cause the Big Typhoon is a really big cooler.

:mrgreen: