StreamyX...finally

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by peaz, Oct 24, 2002.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Well, good news, I've got streamyX now!!!! So few things here...

1) more posting from me on this forum
    2) Active participation of DF from my PC now!
    3) I'll be online 24/7... page me lor... anytime! hahaha

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the world of Terrorkom!!! :twisted:

3. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Kewl peaz. Welcome to the world of broadband, the Malaysian way. Very prone to downtime and lousy service :oops:

Anyway, I expect you to fold more proteins since you will have no more excuses that you were on a dialup....

So lets get ripping,, :twisted:

4. peaz

Malaysian style.. i like that :D

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

PY222: I've decided to take up on your offer of alittle web space on your site, but thats if the offer is still valid. :) I was wondering if your server is ASP capable and I hope you wouldn't mind sparing me about 20MB's of space. =)

6. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Jeremy... yeah the offer still stands but unfortunately the servers are all running on Linux and therefore does not support .asp files.

So if you still want me to host it, you know where to find me right... :roll:

Just give me a howler...

7. Chai

Told you asp sucks right. Kononnya open source fan, "spit"! :lol:

8. peaz

eh, what ASP sucks ah??? ok lah ASP uptill version 3 sucks... only 1 language support But ASP.NET damn 'kau' hebat man.... supports as many languages as .NET framework supports!!!

but then again, ASP.NET isn't any extension to ASP... in fact, apart from the similar looking syntax nothing else is the same...

as for java... i shall hate java for the rest of my life. sorry but i got really bad bad bad experience with java... why make life so difficult when there is easier languages to use.

PY222, Jeremy: I believe there's a ASP server for Linux based systems... and it's also free(open source mah) but i forgot what it's called already... but trust me, it's there. and i think it supports up till ASP 2.0...

9. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

I kinda like java, its ok for me since I am only a small time coder.

As for web development, my main tool is just simply HTML. Pure HTML where they teach you how to write it in Notepad. Remember that!

Anyway, I am starting to like PHP alot too. Maybe I should start formally learn it, like by buying a book.

As for .asp, haven't touch it before. So Jeremy, just port everything to HTML and everything is nice and dandy... :twisted:

10. Chai

LOL! It was meant to be a joke! :lol: :lol:

11. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Tourist: ASP SUCKS? Wow! This is coming from a Microsoft supporter. ROFL!

PY222: Yup! If you have experience with Java the latest C# is almost exactly the same. Anyway thanks for your offer, but if I'm not mistaken, Linux / Unix based servers can host ASP but provided that they install ChiliASP! :)

Well everything is in HTML except for the forum part and since I've already come up with a very good colour scheme with it, I don't think I want to drop it just like that. :)

12. Chai

Told you Snitz sucks, but don't want to listen...

13. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Jeremy, I checked with my ISP and they told me that they do not support .asp file extensions.

Sorry mate. Guess you will have to find some where else to host your stuff.

But my offer still stands ok. Later dudes..!!!

14. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

OK make it this way, working one is a good extension!!! :twisted: