The ARP Musician and Gitfiddler thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mac Daddy, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Hahaha:rolleyes:

Got the Peavey out btw.:)

Now trin's fingers hurt, and ears ring...:haha:

1 person likes this.
  2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

HAHA! I hear you on the fingers hurting. It hurt after I restarted playing once my wrist healed up... :boohoo:

Pics! :D

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow, mack daddy, that music you posted is cool! :)

I haven't been hearing acoustic guitar music for quite some time, it's refreshing! :)

4. Trinity

That was very pleasant and relaxing.:clap:

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Glad you enjoyed it guys and Trin cool on the Peavey :thumb:

6. Trinity

My Amp

Here's my old amp.:wave:

It was a pain to clean it. Very dusty...:oops:

A Peavey Audition 30.:)

---------

PsY,,, Did you see the pictures I posted of my axe a few pages back?

Attached Files:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Crap I missed it! :doh:

MAAAANNN!!! Floyd rose?! SD pickups?! :o

NICE!!! :thumb:

When can I buy tickets for your performance? :mrgreen:

8. Trinity

Hahaha!:)

I can make some good noise. But I am still a beginner. I got the thing... Then met grrrl frenn.... Forgot about the axe for 15 years.:(

Anyone know how to restring a floyd rose... I forgot...:doh:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

10. Mac Daddy

Thats not a bad little amp my big gear is at the studio but I have a little Peavey here I picked up for 80 bucks at the hock shop not a scratch on it. Must have been a kid that tried guitar and didn't like it or something.

For recording here I have my Digitech GSP-5 wired through my computer systems and amps. Thats an old girl the GSP-5 early 90's lol sent it back to Digitech about 3 years ago to have it rebuilt.

The Mesa Boogie and Peavey XXX are at the studio and to big for here :D

Attached Files:

11. Mac Daddy

That one uses a Kahler Standard series tremolo with a backroute and a special "V" shaped lock nut because of the steep angle of the sharks tooth headstock on this guitar. Can post up some pics if ya like :D

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Mmm... Pics are always good... :drool:

Hmm I must have mislooked then. :think:

13. Mac Daddy

Here's a few Bro ;)

(Gotta start putting this back in the case instead of leaving it on the stand .. headstock is a bit dusty :shock: )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

No Worries bro. I have a can of air right beside my guitar... :p

I toss the case under the bed.

15. Mac Daddy

Sweet heres a few pics of why the "V" shaped lock nut was used with a graphite nut. Because of the angle and pressure graphite is the only material that is strong enough not even bone was :shock:

(The guitar originally has no lock like a vintage strat)

Attached Files:

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Wow. Thats some crazy angle right there.

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Also Trin,

I read that some people insert the string through the pegs --> nut --> and into the bridge to be clamped down so that the ball end is on the peg side. I guess after you tune, you can trim off the rest of the string along with the ball end. :think:

I've been reading up coz I'm gonna get a floyd rose axe next month... :beer:

18. Mac Daddy

Never tried it that way Bro my Ibanez RG550 had a Floyd. I don't think the tip of the string is suitable to be inserted into the bridge especially the wirewound strings even if they are trimmed properly.

Couldn't hurt to try it though it would be much easier and strings are cheap :mrgreen:

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hmm Really? :think:

How different would a trimmed one be or the tip of a string for that matter be compared to a trimmed end on the ball end?

Also, I want to post a pic of this one stretch that has been bugging me lol.

It's 9th fret on the 5th string (B), 5th fret on the 4th String (G), 7th fret on the 3rd string (D). All other strings are played open.

The part inbetween my fingers still hurt from me 'trying' to stretch.

Anyone know any nice stretching exercises that would gradually help my stretch (and not feel like I'm tearing my fingers off)?

20. Mac Daddy

Well for example the wound strings start with a steel string center then add the wound material around it. You may notice the wound strings actually have a steel tip before the wound portion starts. I think the string is wound from the ball end up making that end stronger and the windings more dense.

The ball end of the string is heavier and is meant to be at the bottom of the bridge in my opinion anyway :think:

On the stretch pic post away Bro and I will post some strech exercises over the weekend :thumb: