The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

well.... it works, I guess that's really all that matters right?

Can use it to surf the net, work on some documents, watch videos (but not high bitrate ones like H.264 etc. etc.)

probably would format it to Vista this weekend, I'll bring it over to the Samsung thing little so you can have a look at it.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

How much is it? RM1.2k?

3. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

yes, cost me 1299

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

How's the battery life? Sounds really cool. Bluetooth? And how small is it? Portability? Would be a great companion for a low powered luggable PC for just emails/document editing with 3G over bluetooth connection.

1.2K + 1.5K for a 3.5G phone.. Hmmm dun sound bad at all!

5. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

Battery life is the normal 2.5hours with WIFI on, no there's no Built In bluetooth but if you install Windows, now that wouldn't be a problem anymore would it?

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

No need 3G la.. WiFi!! :twisted:

7. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

I wonder what kind of cargo pants has pockets huge enough to fit the EEE in. :mrgreen:

8. peaz

Not everywhere at free WiFi that I can tap on la. :)

Hmm yeah, installing windows would solve everything. or perhaps my own flavour of Linux distro... Ubuntu perhaps. Heh

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's why you need this! Master of connectivity! :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  10. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

That wouldn't work in the default install of the Xandros linus, no RNDIS driver for it. Thus... VISTA!!!! Already got my install size shrunken by VLite.. just waiting to go after I take a nap!

11. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

My new sin.....:faint: :faint: :faint:

Attached Files:

12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

D300 ...

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

14. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

i have tonnes of cosmetics to brag, where should i do it :lol: :lol:

15. peaz

Damn lucky for you to get it so early. haha. I 'missed' out on the ride and now i've to make order already :(

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

why dun you get an HSDPA USB modem instead?

marauder: Which version is yours? the 512, 1gb or 2gb?

the EEE is the sweetest thing a computer manufacturer has ever done for kids, and of course parents.

17. peaz

The stupid thing is my finance only allow me to claim one phone number.... if I get another line just for 3g access, they question me. KNN.

18. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

Which version as in RAM? Well my unit only has 512MB of RAM right now, 4GB HDD version. Already got Vista in there, though my last 2 tries with VLite left out some imporatnt shit.. building my 3rd image now.. I think this should be it!

Still need a bigger SD card to help off load the space for certain things though

19. peaz

Hmmm, maybe i'll install ubuntu if I ever decide to get the EEE :) would be nice if it allows upgrading of the 'HDD"

20. cypris

cypris Newbie

My new baby which I have been waiting to come home since a few months ago. Hohoho~

Finally ordered it last Thurs and received it yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon, WOOTS!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was so busy getting excited and opening it that I didn't really bother to take proper pictures LOL

Specs:
    Core2Duo T7250
    GeForce8400
    2GB RAM
    160GB Hdd
    WLED Display
    DVDRW

Attached Files: