The Official Firefox Thread

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Brian, Nov 25, 2004.

1. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Hope it fixes the IntelliTXT bug. :think:

3. Sorry Dude did not fix the problem. Maybe next revision.

Downloaded.
    Install tips
    Uninstall Firefox 1.0 first, but do not delete the folder
    Install firefox 1.0.1

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  4. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

last nite i try to install in my home PC, after install, i cant see all the image file in one of the forum i use to go. :eh:

later will try in office PC ... :think:

5. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

I always do a clean install for every major release..before that backup your profile folder..

6. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

I installed the updated version and got some trouble on the way.

The problem is that many addons don't work with 1.0.1.
    Adblock is one of them...

Cheers
    Olle

7. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

but it still work for me...

8. Adblock still works on my end as well.

9. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

After re-installation it works for me too.
    The download page doesn't rate it as compliant though...

Cheers
    Olle

10. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

For version 1.0.1, u need to to a fresh install...remove the old version first, else u might go some problem

11. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

I just installed the new version "on top of" the old one.
    All personal settings remained the same afterwards, and Adblock also keep my old blocklist.
    No problem (except that Adblock stopped working until reinstalled).

Cheers
    Olle

12. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

my office PC oso use that method, but home PC cannot...got lots of problem :think:

but from mozilla forum, is good that we uninstall the old version b4 install the newer version

13. Brian

Brian Newbie

Extension Manager Changes

I've been making a large number of changes to Firefox's Extension Manager over the past week or so, basically rewriting the way Extensions are installed. These changes when complete will offer a lot of improvements for Extension developers. Here's a quick summary of what I'm doing:

* Currently you can only install Extensions and Themes into the extensions\ directory under bin\ and profile\, and the assumption that these are the only two Install Locations is made across the Extension Manager. My changes replace this boolean setting with configurable Install Locations. It will be possible to register additional Install Locations with the Category Manager for discovery by the Extension Manager. This means it will be possible to create special kinds of Install Locations that suit the needs of your XULRunner application, e.g. an Install Location object that represents a Windows Registry key with GUID to path mappings instead of the traditional containment relationship.
    * You will be able to install extensions by simply dropping their XPIs into containment relationship Install Locations (e.g. drop foo.xpi into profile\extensions and have it be installed automatically on next start) - this should be a boon for quick setup.
    * You will be able to install and uninstall Extensions by simply adding and removing their GUID folders from the Install Locations - if you add/remove an entry, the Extension system will notice the discrepancy on the next start and configure/remove the item.
    * You will be able to "point" to extensions which you are hosting elsewhere using a cross platform text format which is basically a text file with a GUID name in the extensions directory with a path to the directory where the Extension actually lives (e.g. elsewhere on a NFS home dir)
    * The system will be more robust about upgrades, file removal, etc, and the API a little saner.

At some point it would be nice to abandon the per-type roots in the RDF graph, and the RDF XML text storage format itself, but my patch is already over 300K and I don't want to tempt fate.

14. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

15. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

16. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Just updated mine osso

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Updated... :mrgreen:

18. antmic

antmic Newbie

hey i got firefox .... Its really cool.. i got one issue with it though.. there are certain sites ( like www.coolermaster.hk.. got it from the water cooling review ) and it sez
    webpage cannot be found .... i go to IE and it works... whats going on with that ?!?!

19. Brian

Brian Newbie

20. I have te same issue, my guess is that it's not using the same DNS as Internet Explorer.