The Pirated Software Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Viper007Bond, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I'm not doubting that MS has a monopoly on DirectX. They do. Exactly, which GL (if any) developers choose to support is THEIR choice. No argument there.

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Then the choice, very obviously is NOT in the consumer's hands. ;)

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Neither did I? ;) Please, this is going no where.

That has already proved my point that Microsoft do have monopoly in the DirectX gaming sector, and if you want to play DirectX games, there's no other OSes other than Microsoft. That's it from me.

4. wodenus

wodenus Banned

So why ask me when you said something if you're not implying that I said you said it ? :)

Well you might as well say that OpenGL has a monopoly in the OpenGL gaming sector, but whatever :) If you make something, it belongs to you. I suppose if you want to say you "monopolize" what you make, then I guess you can (it's a strange way of saying "I own what I make myself", but I guess it's not entirely inaccurate.)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Is that even a market? :haha: Its part of a market. Used in gaming and software. :mrgreen:

http://www.opengl.org/applications/
    Knock yourself out. :thumb:

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

opengl have monopoly on OGL games??? that's like saying trees own oxygen since they produce them.

pengsan saya (me faints)

as for whether OGL or DX, it's pretty simple which path a developer wants to use. programming games on DX is a lot faster and easier compared to OGL due to all the hard wok M$ did to provide all the tools and APIs to help developers. of course OGL have their advantages too but DX9 have pretty much caught up with OGL's API capabilities and standards

hmm this thread seems to go nowhere at all, IMHO.

My take? The pricing structure is just way off here in Asia. our earning power is just not as strong as the US guys. that's basically it.

1 person likes this.
  7. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Actually.. if trees were human, they would own the oxygen they produce :)

8. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Is what even a market ? the games are a market. OpenGL is a graphics library.

9. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

This thread is going nowhere but showing off wodenus unabliltyto have a mature discussion, I voted the thread to be lock down....and also to point out the thread is about pirated software discussion not about the definition of MONOPOLY!!!! :mrgreen:

Edited: hahahaha *falcone points to....* http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?t=12545&page=2

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

We have one vote. Any others? :mrgreen:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

This should be moved to junk yard. Not a serious discussion at all imho. :whistle:

One vote from me.

I'll close this thread since I see no point in going further. :wave:

12. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

another vote from me. I fail to see the point of this thread continuing.

13. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

i think we can all see that its going no where.....a vote from me....but i dont think its necessary to move to junkyard....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.