The server is so slow and i know the awncer

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Shadowfire, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Newbie

so ah yah i know the awncer about why this forum is sooooooooooooooooooooo (did not do that on purpose)
    Slow its beacuse there is a Problem with one of your Banners and the load on the loading of the scripts (being Java or HTML) is so high that the CPU of the server is always at 100 percent as i can see you use Burst net is it possible that you can use Google adwords or maybe redo the banners (i know thats a big job) but like get rid of some Banners and then restart the server then upload each banner one by one and then you will find out what is the one that needs to be fixed
    this is just a thought

How do i know
    each website i load the first thing to load is the Ads (ofcourse) but what i did is i saw that the Banner loads more than once it loads like 3 times i think sounds a little bit repetitive eh
    also

"<div align="center"><script language=JavaScript>var nt=String (Math.random()).substr(2,10);document.write ('<scr' + 'ipt language=JavaScript src=http://banner.rojakpot.com/abm.asp?z=6&nt=' + nt+ '><\/scri' + 'pt>');</script><br><br><br>
    <iframe align="center" name='125AdFrame' id='125AdFrame' width='125' height='125' src='http://www.rojakpot.com/banner125_codes.htm' frameborder='0' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0.' scrolling='no'></iframe>
    </td>"
    also whats the purpose of this code this is a Banner with 0 width and 0 height
    I mean from the looks of this it looks stupid if im getting something wrong please tell me :)

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Er...the [width='125' height='125'], not the [marginheight='0' marginwidth='0.']

Margin sets the margin of course.

3. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

width and marginwidth refers to two different things...... :faint: :faint: :faint:

4. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Newbie

OHHHH sorry then why would my browser be geting stuck on the ad
    (its not only my computer tried it on severel others) its getting stuck on burst net and then trible fusion it must be something wrong with the ad i think its the top one i dont know but it seems like its always stuck on that one

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Where are you located? :think:

The Burst ads should load immediately for visitors from the US, UK. But if you are from elsewhere, you will get redirected to other ad servers. :(

We will be working to reduce the number of ads and ad companies. Right now, we are still evaluating which companies offer the best potential.

In fact, we would prefer to go with a minimalistic approach when it comes to advertising, but that will require our visitors to be more pro-active. We can only do so with high click-rates. At our current click-rate, that's not quite possible. :(

That's why we are evaluating the different ad companies to see who can offer us more for less. :think: