Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Ahhh.. It's that time of the year again... when girls get excited over a number on the calender, and amorous men try to make use of this fact to get them into bed. :haha: :haha:

So, what are YOUR plans for Valentine's? A candle-lit dinner in a fancy restaurant with personal waiters and snobbish dishes with tongue-twister names? Or a McD delivery for quick bites between your "horizontal exercises"? :haha: :haha:

Hahah.. Seriously, Valentine's Day is now so hyped as the day for lovers that it might just beat the boredom of winter as the biggest factor in perpetuating humankind.

Just you see. There will be a sudden baby boom around November 21st, 2008. Whether those births are desired or not, well, that's another question altogether. :haha: :haha:

I know many believe that Valentine's Day is a really great way for businesses to fleece ignorant young fools who still believe in everlasting L.O.V.E. forever and ever, smooches and lots of XXXX. Heck, so do I. But it's now more than just a special day to show your love for someone.

It has gone to the extent that people paying "special rates" to have their wedding on Feb 14th. Why? Does getting married on St. Valentine's Day mean that your marriage will be better? The sex better? The husband more obedient and the wife more adventurous? :haha: :haha:

IMHO, there has always been something fundamentally wrong with Valentine's Day. People are getting giddy over a DATE on the calender. For little good reason too.

Today might just be the day when some bloke successfully convinces his girl enough to say "Yes". That is really what guys want to hear. Not "I do", but "Yes".

And many girls are just malleable enough on this special day to say Yes at the slightest prompting. :haha: :haha: Seriously. Maybe they think that having sex on this "auspicious" date will make the experience better, more memorable. For their sakes, I hope so. :mrgreen:

But other than that, what's so special about today? Why not get giddy over July 2nd? I would. That's my birthday, after all! :haha: :haha:

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's idea of romance on this romantic date, or the chances of blokes who are just aching to "be a man". I'm just trying to help reduce the load of some poor doctor in the Obstetrics department circa November 21st, 2008.

Mark my words. Don't do any calls in the Obs unit around then. ;)

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Me still single :|

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

single here.. haihz..

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Couldn't have said it better. I've already told myself long before, I would be stupid to celebrate Valentine's, join a crowd full of couples in the restaurant celebrating for the same occasion, pay crazy amount of money for some flowers, or do whatever things normally couple would do. :wicked: It's not about spending a lot of money, but letting people take advantage out of ignorant couples... Seriously, to me, I just can't see the point.

I can't imagine myself spending my time thinking of planning which restaurant to dine in, ordering roses, just for Valentine's and ignore your loved one the rest of the year... :haha: Ignoring might be too harsh a word to use, but you should get my point, and they really do give me that kind of feeling. :mrgreen:

I would honestly take those money and spend it the rest of the year, when prices are not inflated so I can buy more things, eat more food, while maintaining the relationship on a high note.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  5. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

since the I DO stage is over... so u get the WOHOOOOO now? :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: 6x a day, beat hanky panky!

6. Chai

I believe he got the "YES" quite sometime ago... :haha:

So V day is just a waste of time for him. :haha:

7. strawroot

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
    other day maybe one or twice or thrice :twisted: :twisted:
    but 6 shots is challenge of the day :wicked: :wicked:

8. Chai

Hmm...then you will see him MIA again...

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Sudah kering mah, thats why MIA :mrgreen:

10. strawroot

u sekletly wanna MIA also right :wicked: :wicked:

11. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

LOL!:haha:

Looks like he's sketching himself an excuse to be MIA.:mrgreen:

...sekletly MIA, sekletly doing what ah? 6 shots is nothing to him hunk lar...:mrgreen:

12. strawroot

yea.... becoz usually max does 7 shots in a row :shifty: :shifty:

13. Adrian Wong

It's possible, you know. :wicked:

14. Adrian Wong

TBH, I find it really odd that many girls really swoon over today. What's really so special? :think:

I don't know.. but if I want to lose my virginity, I would definitely not do it because of a special date. :haha:

I've been to a wedding where the couple actually paid a LOT of money to hold it on Valentine's Day. Of course, their parents are rich... and so are they. But really, will it make a difference? :think:

I wished it did... Unfortunately, I don't think so. But still, I hope they benefit somehow from the special date. :mrgreen:

So......... What did you guys do on Valentine's??? :wicked:

Don't be shy. I may be cynical about Valentine's but heck, what do I know? :mrgreen: You romantics could be right. Maybe love truly makes the world go round. Maybe we cynics are just too cynical for our own good. :mrgreen:

15. strawroot

I spent this day fetching/sending my sisters :mrgreen: everyone is happy

16. Adrian Wong

Fetching your sisters??? :confused:

17. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I went to the Gym (which was empty woohoo), then met up with a male friend for dinner, spent about one hour looking for restaurant which are not fully pack, doesn't comes with those ridiculous couple tables (complete with candle light), or closed. :faint: :faint: :faint:

18. Chai

I was surfing net, chatting crap, while having my taken-away McD at home, and also waited for Adrian to come! :haha:

19. strawroot

yeah, sending them to school and tuition, then fetch them back :mrgreen:

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

No roses, no gift, and u will getting no sex in the coming 3 months :mrgreen: :shifty:

darling i'm having a headache la..gnite!!! :wave:

joking aside, it's stupid to spend money at restaurant. cook at home can touch touch kiss kiss :shifty: :mrgreen:

1 person likes this.