Which Mobo Should I get

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by sherren, May 7, 2006.

?

Which Mobo sckt 939 should i get

1. ASUS A8N-E

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ABIT KN8 ULTRA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sherren

sherren Newbie

U guys can help me decide Asus A8N-E or Abit KN8 ULTRA
    :shock: :drool: :think:

2. I had problems with an Asus board lately. That's why I'm suggesting Abit. :thumb:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The only board I'm not really having problem with lately is DFI. :lol:

4. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Yes why not DFI or MSI even? I have an A8N-E and it runs fine but it has a 1T bug where you can't overclock your memory past 230-240MHz unless you use 2T. But for the two either is good. I never had problem on my A8N-E.

5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i'm using Asus A8N-SLi. the board has a defective northbridge fan. it's a known issue.. but i still recommend it for it's stability. but the best mobo or the next mobo i will go for is DFi.

6. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

i have read some bad stuff on the asus's a8n board but I don't konw too much about msi's board to recommend it.

7. sherren

sherren Newbie

then i get the abit kn8 ultra :cool: :dance: :clap: :beer:
    processer amd athlon 64 3000+ or higher than 3000+ or Amd Athlon X2 3800+:wicked: :pray: :pray: :naughty:

8. jasontan80

jasontan80 Newbie

From my opinion, Abit seems to be an "high-end" brand of motherboard and graphic card "several" years ago, but is the quality still maintain, I do not have idea.

What I have heard is Abit motherboard still ranked as a quality board, and seems Asus board still hv some "minor" defective issue, I recommend to choose the Abit board.

and if you are professional enough, go for DFI board.

By the way, you are going to build a new systems?
    Plan to build a SLi system???:clap: :clap: :clap:
    What graphic card is in your consideration list?

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Sherren is lich, so I think he'll get a 7900 GT. :dance:

10. sherren

sherren Newbie

if buy amd athlon x2 3800+:wicked: cant buy 7900gt lar $$:naughty:

11. jasontan80

jasontan80 Newbie

wow, there are quite a lot of rich people here...:wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

12. jasontan80

jasontan80 Newbie

No No, you have to think like this, one shot build an extreme system, even though your pocket would suffer, but you will enjoy the feel of achievement from your new system.:dance: :dance: :dance:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

And eat bread for breakfast/lunch/dinner for months to come? :faint:

Dang... why I always go off topic these days. Okok, back to sherren. :shifty:

14. sherren

sherren Newbie

:twisted::dance: i be getting my mobo Abit Kn8 Ultra Rm 355tomorow or thursday:wicked: :wicked: :beer:

Processer my big bro gonna buy for me :wicked: :shhh: :drool: see which processer he will get for me

15. Just so that you're prepared, expect to have problems when you first boot up your DFI. If you're planning to go dual channel, place one stick of RAM first in the orange slot nearest the CPU. Oh, and clear or reset the CMOS first before you power on. :mrgreen: But once you do have it up and running, it's just sweet. :thumb:

I agree. :thumb:

16. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Good choice both boards are great in my view but the KN8 might be better as the Asus has a 1T bug when OC'ing 1:1.