wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Star Trek

:clap: Oh Man,,, This movie kicks ass!!!:clap:

Trin Approve!!!:thumb:

2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Saturday. Thought it was pretty good despite the negative reviews and opinions I've been hearing :thumb:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I enjoyed the movie too.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Oh, that's great news!! I've been waiting to watch it for ages!! :thumb: :thumb:

5. Trinity

Just seen Gran Torino and Transformers 2.

Both are good.:thumb:

6. Adrian Wong

Good? Or really good?

I heard that Transformers 2 was a little "too rushed"? Apparently, they tried to cram too much in too little time? :think:

Ahhhh.. With a really naughty baby here, looks like I won't be able to watch any movies for many years to come! :(

7. Trinity

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie at the midnite showing,,, AND ALL 3 SCREENS WERE SOLD OUT!!!

:o :shock: :doh: :wall: :| :( :cry: :mad: :evil: :twisted: :cry:

trin pissed.

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Transformer 2 >_<..it was nice..don't think they cram anything :D...at least i enjoy it..twice :D...

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Among the recent movies I've watched, I think Star Trek is still the best. :D

Missed the Wolverine, went and *ahem*, saw cables everywhere and unfinished CGI. LMAO! :haha:

10. Adrian Wong

Arghhh... With Ryan here, I can no longer watch any movies! :wall: :wall:

11. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

i just watched District 9.
    Not advisable for those who easily get motion sickness...

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Then it's my type of movie. :dance:
    Tonight watching GI Joe. :D

13. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Oh I watched The Hangover last Friday. Really funny...my jaws were aching halfway through :haha:

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

GI J.O.E . nice movie overall, but somehow i felt it's has like rushed ending ._.

15. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

how bad is it ? compared with the other movies

16. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

Is GI J.O.E. that good?
    looking from my friends reaction, looks like its good.

17. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

"Ghosts of girlfriends past" and "The Soloist". Ghosts of...was ok and The Soloist, hmm, let's say the theme was like "Resurrecting the champ" and at the time of posting they have the same note -7- on imdb (Soloist and Champ). To sum it all up both movies were good but not excellent.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  18. Adrian Wong

I just went on a movie binge! :thumb:

Watched "District 9", "GI Joe" and "Transformers 2"! :thumb: :thumb:

My verdict?

District 9 is a really interesting piece of work. Great story with pretty good action sequences (if it doesn't make you nauseous!). But the movie comes with some caveats. It's best watched if you already have some knowledge of apartheid in South Africa. It also takes some getting used to the accent. But overall, very good work, very unique storyline. I personally enjoyed it. :thumb:

GI Joe was a little disappointing, even though some action sequences were good and there were quite a few funny parts. Unfortunately, many parts were too cheesy and the characters did not accurately follow the original GI Joe cartoon. The Baroness was the only one I felt was the most accurately rendered character.

Transformers 2 was really good, possibly better than even the first movie. Actually, when I think about it, the storyline is much tighter. Transformers 1 had a few glaring holes in the storyline which thankfully, Transformers 2 lacked. Action sequences was great as usual, with excellent comic relief by John Turturro. Sure glad they brought him back! Megan Fox was hot, of course... with the parts of her bouncing in the desert reminding me of Baywatch... :lol:

19. lung

lung Just Started

Transformers 2 is a pure popcorn flick. 5/5 if you're looking for a popcorn movie. 2/5 if you're looking for a real movie.

District 9? I have to say it has to be the best sci-fi nerd movie this year. So far.

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Transformers 2, Hangover, G.I. Joe... at least 8/10 imho. :D