wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Inglourious Basterds!

exactly what you would expect from QT!

very cock, yet, very cool!

by far the best show of the year. i really hope this is not the best QT can do, because I want more in the coming years!

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Just watched P.S. I Love You.

Yeah, really old movie starring Hillary Swank and Gerald Butler (pre-300 fame haha).

I must say it's a really good chick flick. If your girl doesn't cry, dump her - she's an android. :mrgreen:

3. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

LOL. i fell asleep while watching the movie....

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I saw Inglorious Basterds last week.

The movie is AWESOME! Go out and see it really.. :D

I saw Zombieland yesterday. It's a pretty funny movie. Woody Harrelson really suits the role well. The movie is also pretty random too.

5. Adrian Wong

Was it so boring for you??? :wall:

Okay, you are officially an ANDROID!!! :mad: :mad:

PS. I made a mistake. P. S. I Love You came AFTER 300, not before it.

6. Adrian Wong

I heard that those two movies are must-sees! Can't wait to see them!

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah seriously. Go watch those two. Really good movies! :thumb: :beer:

8. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

:naughty: :naughty: i am not!

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Watched Zombieland at home last night. Not bad at all. But too bad, no nude scenes. :shifty: :lol:

10. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

surrogate
    expectation was high for me, i alway like this kind of story, but it was a total let down. storyline was very flat.
    5/10

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Funny People is hilarious!

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I just watched yesterday. I didn't know what to expect, and I gave it 7/10.

13. Adrian Wong

I also watched Surrogate...

The story (while implausible) was interesting... although it lacked proper development of the Prophet character and some of the plot was confusing (e.g. how and why did that Miles character get hold of the weapon and how and why did the Prophet kill him???).

Overall - good story, pretty bad execution. I would say 7/10 for the story... 5/10 for the movie itself. Fortunately, the action scenes were pretty okay. Without the fireworks, this movie would have fallen flat.

BTW, I watched this here in Kota Kinabalu! Guess what the theatre was called -> Growball Cinemax!

14. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

just back from cinema, watched Inglourious Basterds, 9/10 :thumb:

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that good?

I just watched Law Abiding Citizen. 8/10. :mrgreen:

16. Adrian Wong

The trailer looks damn good. But I hate it that the radio stations would just censor the word Basterds. It sounds damn odd to hear them say, "Inglourious <silence>". :nuts:

17. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Just saw Surrogate myself, i would say decent movie, to concept itself reminds me a lot of Ghost in the Shell.

8/10

Prophet character is not real person, he is another surrogate of Dr. Lionel Canter used to bring down the Surrogate system. The weapon is provided by VSI executive to Andres Stone who in turn got Miles Strickland, he was just a pawn use by Andrew Stone to kill Dr. Canter but end up killing his son. The Prophet (Dr. Lionel Canter) kill Miles in revenge for killing his son.

18. Adrian Wong

Speak of the devil! I just watched Ghost in the Shell again yesterday. :)

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The Proposal - 7/10
    I Love You Beth Cooper - Wild ride... that's some RIDE before you go to college. LOL! 7/10
    The Ugly Truth - This one is a good one... very good imo. 8.5/10 :thumb:

20. Adrian Wong

I just watched a 2007 movie called The Last Legion.

Basically a story about the last Roman emperor - Romulus Augustus, starring Colin Firth, Aishwarya Rai and Ben Kingsley.

Overall, it was okay on a boring night. They attempted to compress a really long storyline into the movie so it felt a bit rushed. Imagine running from Rome to the island of Capri, and then through Europe and over to Britannia (England) in the space of a movie!

Paradoxically, it also felt draggy at times! They just had to add a love scene even though it didn't add any value to the movie. Heck, I even wonder why they needed to add Aishwarya Rai into a Roman fare in the first place! :doh: