Windows 11!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by PsYkHoTiK, Oct 6, 2021.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Some quick disclaimers: I'm a Microsoft employee, but not on the windows team. Obviously, comments / opinions are my own - posting as a enthusiast and user (not privy to any secret things, etc).

Anyone installed it yet? :mrgreen:

You can get it through Windows update (phased rollout) as long as your PC can handle it.

Or, you can download the installer here: Download Windows 11

Installing it on my personal laptop right now and will probably migrate my work laptop later this evening (I have evening work calls with some of my team that's based in India)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

nyet, I'll wait for early adopters to play with it and make sure there are no major issues first.

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It was actually quite painless. I updated my personal laptop first (took the better part of a hour after the download). Post update clean up cleared about 7GB from the old OS.

I also updated my work machine through Windows Update.

And then updated my dad's laptop as well.

For my personal laptop and my dad's laptop, I went here: Download Windows 11

Not really too much change for the daily browsing and stuff. UI looks newer, stuff like start menu and setting is different (but intuitive) but I noticed it does boot up a bit faster than Windows 10.

4. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started