Zalman VF700-Cu GPU Cooler Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's useless too, because my card wouldn't do anything higher than 390MHz despite of lower temperature? :D It's not a good way to determine the cooler's performance also.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Trouble with overclocking results is that they vary too much, even with the same cooler. So, they would be quite pointless, IMHO. :think:

3. Sin22

Sin22 Newbie

They vary alot even with the same cooler? I find that a tad interesting, havent encountered such a phenomenon myself to be honest.

Also, that last comment that the VF700Cu would lose out by about 5degC to the ZM80D-HP, well...I have the VF700Cu now, and I was tempted to sell it for the ZM80D, but doing a bit of scouting around online, I've yet to see a single site claim a 25degC temp delta on that cooler. Most are in the 10~20degC range.

So....I do believe that there is a plateu that the ZM80D will probably hit therefore precluding it from actually beating the VF700. Add to that the extra bulk and need for an extra fan, well I think you see where I'm gg :D

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

According to the results of VF700-CU at 12V, the delta is hovering at 20C range.

Due to the fact that the fan on ZM80D is actually blowing onto the sensor, I'm not discounting that fact, which is probably the main reason why the ZM80D is better. At the end of the day, I think the testing method is not good enough, definitely not good for cooler blowing 'sideways' like the ZM80D.